Speeding accidents in San Diego, California, cause catastrophic injuries and damages for innocent victims. Our San Diego speeding accidents lawyers file personal injury claims for accident victims and their families throughout San Diego County.
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, our goal is to get you the most money available for your accident injuries. We have a 99% success rate for verdicts and settlements.
With over 25 years of experience, our San Diego car accident lawyers are ready to take on the largest insurance companies and defense teams to protect your right to fair and just compensation. Contact our San Diego law office or call us at (619) 777-5555 to schedule a free consultation with one member of our legal team.
Our San Diego Car Accident Lawyers Fight for Your Legal Rights and Best Interests
Accident claims can be confusing. The insurance company for the at-fault driver can make the process of settling claims much more stressful than it needs to be. They often blame you for your injuries or minimize the value of your damages.
The San Diego car accident attorneys of Mission Personal Injury Lawyers have been fighting for the rights of car accident victims for over 25 years.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect our lawyers in San Diego to:
- Investigate auto accidents to discover how they happened and who is responsible
- Work with your doctors to determine the severity of your injuries and damages
- File a claim with the insurance company and monitor the progress of the claim
- Gather evidence proving the other driver caused your car accident
- Monitor deadlines for the California statute of limitations and file a lawsuit, if necessary
- Calculate the actual value of your personal injury claim and fight for that amount
Reach out to our office with your contact information to schedule a free consultation with one of our lawyers. Our injury attorneys provide honest assessments of your case and explain your options for recovering compensation for a car accident injury.
How Common Are Speeding Accidents?
Speed is a factor in 26 percent of all traffic deaths. Speeding accidents resulted in 9,378 deaths in 2018 nationwide. Moreover, speed was a primary factor in 32 percent of California’s fatal and injury crashes during 2017.
Common Types of Injuries Caused by Speeding Accidents
Speeding accidents are generally preventable had the driver not exceeded safe speed limits. As speed increases, the likelihood of serious accidents also increases. At the very least, the accident injuries might not have been as severe had the driver been going slower.
Common injuries caused by speeding accidents include:
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain damage
- Broken bones and fractures
- Neck and back injuries
- Airbag injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Seatbelt injuries
- Lacerations and disfigurement
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Severe burns
- Chest injuries and crushed limbs
The severity of your injuries determines how much damages you might recover after an accident. This also determines whether you might qualify for pain and suffering damages due to the negligence of a speeding driver.
The damages caused by speeding can be unimaginable. A person’s life can be changed forever. In a fatal accident, a family loses a loved one, something that can never be replaced or remedied.
Who is Liable for a Speeding Accident in San Diego?
If the speeding driver caused the accident, the driver is responsible for the damages caused by the crash.
Damages in a speeding car accident claim can include:
- Medical bills and experiences
- Lost wages, salaries, benefits, and other income
- Decreases in earning potential
- Cost of personal care
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement and disabilities
- Decrease in quality of life
- Wrongful death damages
A property damage claim may also be filed for damages caused to the victim’s vehicle during the crash.
The types of damages for a speeding accident may include economic damages and non-economic damages. The value of the damages depends on the facts of the case. However, impairments and catastrophic injuries typically increase the value of the personal injury claim.
In some cases, punitive damages may be awarded if the defendant’s conduct was willful, wanton, and grossly negligent. For example, punitive damages could be awarded in a speeding accident case if the drivers were drag racing through a neighborhood.
Can I Still Recover Compensation if I Am Partially At-Fault for the Crash?
If you contributed to the cause of the car accident, your compensation may be reduced by your percentage of fault. However, California’s contributory fault laws do not ban victims from recovering compensation even if they are primarily at fault for the cause of the accident.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our San Diego Car Wreck Attorneys
If a speeding driver caused your car accident, contact our office for a free consultation with one of our San Diego speeding accident attorneys. Get the information you need to protect your right to full compensation for your damages, injuries, and financial losses.
Other Common San Diego Car Accident Claims We Handle
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of car accident cases involving:
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Intersection accidents
- Lane change crashes
- Left turn crashes
- Multi-vehicle crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving car crashes
- Single vehicle accidents
- U-turn accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Uninsured motorist claims
- Suv-rollover accident
- Recreational vehicle accidents
San Diego Car Accident Resources
- California Child Car Seat Laws
- Can I Be Compensated For Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in San Diego?
- Car Inspection Laws in San Diego, CA
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in San Diego?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in California?
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in San Diego, CA
- San Diego Car Accident Statistics