Hit-and-run accidents in San Diego often lead to serious injuries. Victims may suffer secondary injuries from subsequent collisions or may not receive prompt medical treatment because the at-fault party fled the scene. While you are not required to have a lawyer after a car accident in San Diego, you will probably be thankful if you do.
The dedicated car accident lawyers at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers have over 48 years of combined legal experience we can leverage to help fight for a fair outcome for you. Contact Mission Personal Injury Lawyers today so we can explain how a lawyer can help after a hit and run accident by calling us at (619) 777-5555.
How Our San Diego Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After a Hit-and-Run Crash
Motor vehicle accidents are often confusing and frustrating events. However, being involved in a hit-and-run accident can be downright terrifying and infuriating. You may not know where to turn for help or what your legal rights or options are.
Mission Personal Injury Lawyers is a top-rated, award-winning personal injury law firm. We have the skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to advise you of your rights and fight for a fair outcome for your case.
Some of the highlights of our success include:
- We have obtained numerous multi-million dollar awards.
- Our attorneys have been named to the San Diego Super Lawyers’ list.
- We have been named a Best of the Bar Law Firm in San Diego by the San Diego Business Journal.
- Our law firm has been in business for over 25 years and has expanded with multiple offices throughout San Diego..
If you were hurt in a hit-and-run accident, our team can ensure you receive the medical treatment you need, gather strong evidence to support your claim, and cooperate with authorities to try to identify the at-fault driver. Contact us today for your free consultation.
Common Reasons People Flee the Scene of a Crash
Most people flee the scene of car crashes in California because they know they have done something wrong. They may have done something wrong before the accident or in causing the accident.
Common reasons people flee the scene in San Diego include:
- They were drunk
- They were under the influence of drugs
- They were driving without a valid driver’s license or insurance
- They do not have legal immigration status
- They were fleeing from police
- They were transporting illegal drugs
- They have an active warrant for their arrest
Sometimes drivers flee because they panic and do not know what to do. In other situations, drivers may not be aware they hit anyone. No matter the cause of the accident, you deserve better. Contact us today for help with your claim.
Importance of Launching a Prompt Investigation After a Hit and Run Accident
It is vital to launch a prompt investigation after a hit-and-run accident to determine:
- How the accident occurred
- Who the at-fault driver is
- Why the driver fled the scene
- Who is financially responsible for the harm you suffered
Our team can work closely with law enforcement to determine these critical details. It is also important that a lawyer is retained soon after an accident so they can preserve important evidence before it is lost or destroyed, such as video evidence that may help reveal important details.
Options for Financial Recovery Following a Hit and Run Accident
Many hit-and-run accident victims do not understand the options for recovering compensation following this type of incident. Your first option for recovery may be to turn to your own insurance for coverage.
For example, you may have:
- Uninsured motorist (UM) coverage – Uninsured motorist coverage pays for expenses you incur if you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver. It can also cover expenses if the at-fault driver is unidentified.
- MedPay – MedPay or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) covers medical expenses you or the occupants in your vehicle incurred in a car accident, regardless of who was at fault.
- Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive coverage pays for the damage to your vehicle caused in an accident, regardless of fault.
A lawyer can carefully review your insurance policy to determine what coverage may be available to help you. Additionally, we can investigate if any other policies cover your damages and cooperate with police to try to track down the at-fault driver and seek to hold them accountable.
Compensation from Hit and Run Accidents
Hit-and-run accident victims may suffer damages from the accident. You may be entitled to economic and non-economic damages after the crash.
Our team can pursue compensation for any of the damages you suffered, including.
- Hospital stays
- Emergency room treatment
- Ambulance charges
- Follow-up care
- Rehabilitation costs
- Ongoing medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage
- Incidental expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Anxiety and depression
Contact Mission Personal Injury Lawyers today to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case. Let us help you recover the full and fair compensation you need after a hit and run crash.
Contact Our Lawyers for Assistance with Your Hit-and-Run Accident Claim
Mission Personal Injury Lawyers can help you understand your rights and options after a hit-and-run accident. Our car accident lawyers will fight for the justice and financial accountability you deserve. Contact Mission Personal Injury Lawyers today for a free case review regarding your hit and run accident in San Diego.