Most drivers in San Diego County expect to see car accidents on their daily commute. However, most of the car crashes they see are on highways, intersections, and city streets. They do not expect to be involved in a car accident in a parking lot.
However, parking lot accidents in the San Diego area are a common event. Sadly, these accidents can cause traumatic injuries and wrongful deaths.
Mission Personal Injury Lawyers is an award-winning law firm with a 99% success rate for verdicts and settlements. Our San Diego personal injury attorneys have over four decades of experience with car accident and parking lot accident cases.
If you were injured in an accident, we want to help. Contact our personal injury law office in San Diego, CA, online or call (619) 777-5555 now to request your free consultation with one of our parking lot accident lawyers.
How Our San Diego Car Accident Lawyers Help You and Your Family After a Car Crash
Our accident lawyers understand, and we were here to help. When you hire our legal team to handle your parking lot accident case, you can expect us to:
- Investigate what happened to you and identify all parties that might be liable for your injuries
- Gather evidence proving fault and liability
- Work with you, your physician, and expert witnesses to document the severity of your injuries and damages
- Calculate the maximum value for your damages and fight for that amount
- File all insurance claims and monitor deadlines for settlements and lawsuits
- Keep you informed about your case through regular updates
Accident cases can be time-consuming, complicated, and costly. Therefore, you need an experienced San Diego car accident lawyer working to protect your right to fair compensation.
Contact Mission Personal Injury Lawyers now to schedule a free case review with one of our car accident lawyers in San Diego, California.
Are There Many Parking Lot Accidents in the United States?
You might assume that the number of parking lot accidents is small. However, there are more than 50,000 accidents in parking garages and parking lots each year in the United States. Parking lot crashes cause more than 500 traffic deaths and 60,000 injuries.
Why Do Parking Lot Accidents Happen in San Diego?
Parking lot accidents occur for many reasons. Some common causes of parking lot crashes include:
- A left turn in front of a car or a u-turn when it’s not allowed
- Driving at excessive speeds
- Distractions while driving
- Talking on a cell phone and texting
- Backing up accidents
- Trying to beat a car to a parking space
- Pulling through parking spaces
- Going the wrong way
- Dangerous roads and road defects
- Insufficient directional signs and markings
Pedestrian accidents are also common in parking lots and garages. Drivers and pedestrians often fail to keep a lookout in parking lots and cause accidents. Children are very susceptible to accidents in parking lots because they may run out between cars, and their height makes them more difficult to see.
Parking Lot Injuries Can Cause Disabilities and Large Damages
The injuries in parking lot accidents can be severe. Even a low-speed accident can result in life-threatening injuries and disabilities.
Common injuries in parking lot accidents include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Head and brain injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Airbag injuries
- Seatbelt injuries
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Seatbelt injuries
- Wrongful death
It is important to seek medical treatment after a crash in a parking lot. You need to prove that the collision caused your injuries to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain, suffering, and other damages.
Who is Liable for a Parking Lot Accident in San Diego?
The person who caused your crash is liable for damages caused by the accident. However, proving liability for a parking lot accident could be difficult. The other driver may allege that you contributed to the cause of the accident.
Under California’s comparative fault law, your compensation could be reduced by your percentage of fault for the crash. A car accident lawyer can help you uncover evidence that proves the other driver was at fault.
Evidence in a parking lot accident case could include:
- Videos from surveillance cameras
- Photos and videos made after the accident
- Statements from the drivers
- Eyewitness statements
- Physical evidence from the vehicles
- Testimony from expert witnesses
In addition to drivers, other parties could be liable for damages caused by a car crash. Defectively designed parking garages and lots could result in liability for the property owner. A premises liability claim may involve insufficient lighting and inadequate maintenance.
After a parking lot accident, call 911 to report the crash. The San Diego police department or another law enforcement agency should respond to the crash scene to complete a report. Do not admit fault or discuss the crash with anyone other than the police officers at the accident scene.
If there are eyewitnesses, try to get their names and contact numbers before they leave. Taking photographs of the accident scene is also a good idea, especially before people move the cars.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our San Diego Car Wreck Attorneys
Prompt legal advice can improve your chance of winning your motor vehicle accident case. Parking lot accidents in San Diego, CA, can be complicated. Insurance companies may refuse to compensate you fairly for your damages.
Contact our office to request a free case review with an experienced San Diego personal injury attorney.
Other Common San Diego Car Accident Claims We Handle
Our law firm handles all types of car accident cases involving:
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Intersection accidents
- Lane change crashes
- Multi-vehicle crashes
- Rear-end accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving car crashes
- Single vehicle accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
San Diego Car Accident Resources
- California Child Car Seat Laws
- Can I Be Compensated For Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in San Diego?
- Car Inspection Laws in San Diego, CA
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in San Diego?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in California?
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in San Diego, CA
- San Diego Car Accident Statistics