Insurance companies try to downplay the injuries caused by rear-end accidents. However, there is nothing “minor” about a car accident. Every car accident has the potential to cause serious injury and property damage. If a rear end crash injured you, you may be eligible to file an injury claim against the at-fault driver.
A Rear End Crashes Lawyer in San Diego, CA can help you recover the money you deserve. Mission Personal Injury Lawyers has over 40 years of experience handling personal injury claims. We have achieved a 99% success rate for verdicts and settlements. Let our top-rated and award-winning San Diego car accident lawyers help you with your claim.
How Our San Diego Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You After a Rear-End Crash
Rear-end crashes aren’t always just “fender benders.” These accidents can cause permanent impairments that prevent you from returning to work or caring for yourself. Likewise, your injuries could cost thousands or tens of thousands to treat. Fortunately, a San Diego personal injury can help you recover compensation for these and other damages after a rear-end accident.
David Muñoz has been fighting for accident victims in Southern California for decades. We’ve recovered tens of millions of behalf of car accident and personal injury victims. Let us put our skills and experience to work for your claim.
When you hire our car accident attorneys in San Diego, you can expect us to:
- Investigate your accident to gather evidence
- Consult with your doctors to determine the extent of your injuries
- Identify all parties that could be liable for your damages
- File insurance claims and monitor deadlines for filing lawsuits
- Negotiate a settlement that compensates you for all your damages
- Provide support and guidance through every step of the personal injury claims process
If a reckless driver injured you, they should be on the hook for your damages — not you. Contact our office today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced San Diego car accident attorney.
How Common are Rear-End Accidents in San Diego?
Rear-end accidents are one of the most common types of crashes. These crashes accounted for about 33 percent of the national car accident total in 2019. There were 2,346 fatal rear-end accidents that year nationwide.
According to the most recent traffic accident report from the California Highway Patrol, there were 95,783 people killed or injured in California rear-end accidents in 2017. That made rear-end crashes the most dangerous type of crash that year.
What are Common Causes of Rear-End Crashes in California?
The causes of rear-end crashes generally involve some type of driver error or negligence.
Driving behavior that can result in a rear-end crash includes:
- Distracted driving
- Driving at high speeds
- Tailgating (following too closely)
- A left turn or a u-turn when it’s not allowed
- Impaired driving
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Improper lane changes
- Road rage and aggressive driving
Rear-End Accidents in San Diego, CA, Can Cause Severe Injuries
Whiplash is one of the most common injuries caused by rear-end accidents. Other injuries might include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Airbag injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Chest injuries
- Seatbelt injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Wrongful death
Who is Liable for a Rear-End Accident in California?
California is an at-fault state for personal injury cases, including motor vehicle accidents. Therefore, the party or parties responsible for causing the collision are financially liable for any injuries or damages resulting from the accident.
Rear-end crashes can be challenging to investigate. If an accident involves several vehicles, multiple motorists may be responsible for your damages.
What Damages Can I Recover for a Rear-End Accident Claim?
Your damages may also include non-economic damages, which are commonly referred to as pain and suffering damages.
Pain and suffering damages include:
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical pain
- Reduced quality of life
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental anguish
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
The value of your damages depends on several factors. Our legal team works diligently to increase the value of your claim. We also fight to minimize any factors that could lower the value of your injury claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Car Wreck Lawyers in San Diego
If you were involved in a rear-end crash, let our legal team help you get the money you deserve. Contact our office to schedule your free appointment with one of our rear-end crash lawyers in San Diego, CA.
Other Car Accident Claims We Cover
Our law firm handles all types of car accident cases involving:
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Intersection accidents
- Parking lot accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving car crashes
- Single vehicle accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Suv-rollover accident
- Recreational vehicle accidents
San Diego Car Accident Resources
- California Child Car Seat Laws
- Can I Be Compensated For Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in San Diego?
- Car Inspection Laws in San Diego, CA
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in San Diego?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in California?
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in San Diego, CA
- San Diego Car Accident Statistics