There are many reasons why car accidents happen in San Diego. Negligence and human error are the most common causes of traffic accidents. However, road defects in San Diego, CA, can also play a factor in the cause of some car crashes.
If you were injured in an accident involving road defects, our San Diego car accident attorneys can help you recover compensation for your medical bills and other damages.
Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, has over 43 years of experience handling motor vehicle accident cases. Our award-winning, nationally recognized personal injury law firm has a 99% record of success.
How Our San Diego Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You With Your Car Crash Claim
Accident victims are entitled to recover compensation after suffering injuries or losses in a car crash. However, you must prove that another party caused your crash. Accidents caused by road defects are complicated personal injury claims because they often involve government agencies.
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, our San Diego road defects accident lawyers have the resources and skills to handle even the most complicated personal injury cases. We have achieved a 99% success rate for the cases we handle. We’re not afraid to hold a government agency responsible for their failures to maintain the road.
When you hire our San Diego car crash lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cause of your traffic accident
- Identify all parties that could be liable for your injuries and damages
- Filing claims with the insurance company and handle all settlement negotiations
- Document your injuries and damages to maximize compensation
- File a personal injury lawsuit if the other party refuses to pay a reasonable amount to settle your claim
If you were injured in an accident, contact our office now to discuss how to file a personal injury claim. You can get legal advice and meet with a San Diego car accident lawyer for free.
Road Defects Include a Variety of Conditions and Situations
A road defect accident may be caused by one or more factors. Common road defects that can lead to car accidents in San Diego include:
- Cracks in the road and potholes
- Poorly maintained shoulders
- Defectively designed roads, intersections, and streets
- Negligent management of transportation projects
- Damaged and missing guardrails
- Ponding and flooding because of poor drainage
- Inadequate traffic management
- Lack of rumble strips and other warnings
- Missing or damaged directional and warning signs
- Improperly designed construction zones
- Streets that are too narrow
Government agencies are generally responsible for designing, constructing, and maintaining public roads. If a defective road condition is responsible for a car crash, the government could be liable for victims’ damages.
Proving Fault for a Road Defect Accident in San Diego, CA
Governments have sovereign immunity from most legal actions. This means that you cannot sue a government agency unless the government gives you permission to sue. However, California has waived sovereign immunity for some types of injury claims.
Still, suing the government is not an easy task. First, the statute of limitations for pursuing an injury claim against a government entity is much shorter than other statutes of limitations.
In most cases, claims against the government must be filed within six months of an accident or injury. After that, you may file a lawsuit in court if the government agency denies your claim.
However, there are other strict deadlines and procedures for filing lawsuits against the government. Therefore, a simple mistake could result in a dismissal of your lawsuit.
Recovering Compensation for Damages Caused by Road Defects Accidents in San Diego, CA
If you prove the government is liable for your injuries, you could receive compensation for your damages after your accident. You could recover money for:
Injuries caused by defective roads can result in lifelong impairments. A victim may sustain spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, amputations, broken bones, airbag injuries, seatbelt injuries, and other injuries. Obtaining compensation for your injuries and damages is an essential step in the recovery process.
Compensation for an injury claim reimburses you for expenses and financial losses associated with the accident. It also compensates you for the pain and suffering you experienced, which can help you recover financially from a devastating car crash.
However, fighting the government can be an uphill battle without legal counsel. So, before making an honest mistake that could ruin your chance of recovering money for a road defect accident, seek legal advice from a trusted San Diego road defect accident lawyer.
Contact Our San Diego Auto Accident Attorneys for a Free Consultation
You can reach our law offices 24/7/365 to request information or schedule a free case review with a San Diego personal injury attorney. If you or a family member has been injured, our legal team is here to help you seek the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Other Car Accident Claims We Cover
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of car accident cases involving:
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Head-on crashes
- Highway crashes
- Lane change crashes
- Left turn crashes
- Multi-vehicle crashes
- Parking lot accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Self-driving car crashes
- Single vehicle accidents
- Speeding crashes
- U-turn accidents
- Red and yellow light accidents
- Uninsured motorist claims
San Diego Car Accident Resources
- California Child Car Seat Laws
- Can I Be Compensated For Pre-Existing Conditions After a Car Accident in San Diego?
- Car Inspection Laws in San Diego, CA
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Hit and Run Accident in San Diego?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in California?
- Car Color & Crash Risk
- Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in San Diego, CA
- San Diego Car Accident Statistics