Were you or a loved one injured on the job in Chula Vista, CA? An experienced Chula Vista workplace accidents lawyer at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers can help you understand your options for recovering compensation. You may be entitled to money for medical bills, lost earnings, and your pain and suffering.
We’ve been defending not only the rights of injured workers across Southern California since 2010 but also injured victims from car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, Chula Vista construction accidents, product liability, Chula Vista slip and fall accidents, pedestrian accidents, and more types of accidents. We’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars to help countless clients get back on their feet after an unexpected accident.
Table of Contents
How Mission Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Workplace Accident in Chula Vista
Injured workers often have multiple options for recovering compensation. You may not be limited to workers’ compensation benefits. However, that doesn’t mean it’ll be easy to get the full compensation you deserve.
An experienced Chula Vista personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the challenges you might face.
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, our lawyers have over 43 years of experience handling complex personal injury claims. We’ve achieved a 99% success rate over the years. We’ve also been recognized by Super Lawyers, Best of the Bar, and Rising Stars.
Specifically, you can count on our lawyers to:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into your accident
- Identify all responsible parties and sources of compensation
- Calculate the true value of your claim
- Help you file your workers’ compensation claim
- Defend you if your workers’ comp benefits are inaccurate or delayed
- Handle all negotiations with the workers’ compensation insurance company on your behalf
Getting quality legal advice is easier than you might think. Our Chula Vista personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. In other words, you only pay our attorneys’ fees if we recover compensation on your behalf.
Just call our law firm for a free consultation today to get started.
How Common Are Workplace Accidents in Chula Vista, CA?
You really don’t think about getting hurt on the job when you leave for work. However, work accidents are extremely common in the United States. Nationwide, 4,764 workers died in workplace accidents during 2020.
According to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data, 376 California workers lost their lives on the job in a single year. However, at least 448,300 work-related accidents and injuries were reported in California during 2020. Over 200,000 of those work accidents caused serious injuries requiring the victim to miss work.
In San Diego County alone, 48,854 injured workers submitted workers’ compensation claims during 2020.
What is My Chula Vista Workplace Accident Case Worth?
The value of your workplace accident case depends on the facts and circumstances. Under California workers’ comp laws, nearly all injured workers are entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits.
The value of your workers’ compensation claim depends on:
- How much time you miss from work
- Your average weekly wages prior to the accident
- Whether you’re totally or partially disabled during recovery
- Whether you’ll be able to return to work at the same earnings level after you’ve reached maximum medical improvement (MMI)
The value of your weekly check is also subject to statewide caps. In 2021, the maximum you can receive for temporary total disability is $1,356.31 per week. In 2022, the weekly cap will increase to $1,539.71–regardless of your prior earnings history.
Workers’ compensation laws in California only provide compensation for economic losses. On the other hand, personal injury laws provide compensation for both financial and non-financial losses. In some cases, your case value can increase by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
You can’t sue your employer for additional damages. However, if a negligent third party caused your accident, you can file a personal injury lawsuit against that third party.
Your case value will depend on any number of factors, including:
- The nature of your injury
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Your physical pain and suffering
- Any emotional trauma you’ve suffered
- How the injury impacts your quality of life, work, and career prospects
Even if you’re receiving workers’ comp, our Chula Vista workers’ compensation attorneys can help you determine whether you’re entitled to additional compensation. Just call our law group to schedule a free case evaluation today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Workplace Accident Victims?
Workers’ compensation provides injured workers with money for:
- Medical bills
- Temporary disability
- Partial disability
- Permanent disability
- Supplemental job displacement benefits
- Death benefits
California personal injury laws give injured workers the right to recover economic damages and non-economic damages from negligent third parties. Examples of negligent third parties include property owners, general contractors, and even manufacturers of defective work equipment.
By filing a third-party claim, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- 100% of your lost wages and income
- Physical therapy
- Nursing care
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Loss of consortium
Do you have questions about the types of damages that may be available? Call our Chula Vista workplace accidents attorneys for a free case review today.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Workplace Accident in California?
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system. Injured workers can file a claim for benefits even if they caused their own accident and injuries.
Under California pure comparative negligence laws, liability is apportioned between responsible parties in a personal injury case. You can recover partial compensation if you were partly responsible for the accident. Your compensation will simply be reduced in proportion to your percentage of fault.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Workplace Accident Injuries
Our workers’ compensation lawyers in Chula Vista represent injured workers who have sustained all types of work injuries and illnesses, including:
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Crushing injuries
- Amputation injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Organ damage
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Are you struggling with painful injuries because of a work accident? Our lawyers will do everything possible to get the money you need. Just give us a quick call to learn more today.
What Causes Most Workplace Accidents in Chula Vista, California?
The National Safety Council reports that the most common causes of work injuries include:
- Overexertion and excessive physical effort (lifting, carrying, or pushing objects)
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Contact with objects and equipment in the workplace
Many different factors can contribute to the cause of these accidents. Typically, work-related accidents happen because someone was careless.
More specifically, they’re caused by:
- Failure to provide proper protective safety equipment
- Lack of fall protection gear and equipment
- Dangerous or defective work equipment
- Dangerous property conditions
- Negligent hiring practices, including failure to properly train, supervise, or screen employees
- Communication failures
- Violations of California state labor laws or OSHA safety regulations
It’s important to identify the cause of your work accident. That way, we fight to hold all responsible parties accountable.
Our Lawyers Handle All Types of Work Accident Claims in Chula Vista
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, we often handle workplace injury claims involving:
- Scaffolding accidents
- Roof and ladder falls
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Crane accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Accidents where a worker is caught between two objects
- Accidents involving falling objects
- Heavy lifting injuries
- Construction site accidents
- Manufacturing accidents
- Welding accidents
- Fires and explosions
- Exposure to toxic chemicals and substances
- Defective electrical wiring
- Workplace violence
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a work accident, don’t hesitate to reach out for legal advice today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Workplace Accident in California?
You won’t have to prove negligence to receive workers’ comp benefits. However, most third-party lawsuits are based on negligence.
To recover damages based on negligence under California state law, you must establish:
The types of evidence you’ll need to establish liability can vary from case to case. Our lawyers will look for video footage, examine accident reports, and even interview witnesses to find out who was responsible for your injuries.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Workplace Accident in California?
The deadline for taking legal action depends on how you’ll go about recovering damages. To file a workers’ compensation claim, you should notify your employer about the accident within 30 days.
A two-year statute of limitations applies in California personal injury cases. If you don’t file a third-party claim within the two-years after your work accident, you lose your right to sue for damages.
Contact a Chula Vista Workplace Accidents Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you or a loved one hurt on the job in Chula Vista? Call a Chula Vista workplace accidents lawyer to learn more about your right to compensation under workers’ compensation and personal injury laws. Remember, at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, your initial consultation is always free of charge.
Our personal injury law firm in Chula Vista, CA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Car Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Construction Accident Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Product Liability Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA