Construction workers face dangers on the job site every day. They work with heavy machinery, hazardous materials, and electrical tools. As a result, there are numerous risks for serious injuries on a construction site.
Our Chula Vista construction accident lawyers at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, represent workers who have been injured in a construction accident. We have extensive experience handling these cases related to this area of law. Our legal team uses our considerable resources to pursue your injury claim to get you the money you deserve.
If you were injured in a construction accident or by another type of accident, such as a car accident, Chula Vista truck accident, motorcycle accident, bicycle accident, pedestrian accident, Chula Vista slip and fall accident, workplace accident, or any other personal injury accident, contact our law firm by dialing (619) 722-3032 to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys in Chula Vista, California.
Table of Contents
How Our Chula Vista Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You With a Construction Accident Claim
Your employer may deny that it is liable for damages after you are injured at work. While it is true that California’s workers’ compensation system may cover your injury, you could also have a claim against your employer or another party. Our Chula Vista accident lawyers review your case and advise you of all legal options for seeking compensation after your construction accident.
When you hire our law office, you can expect us to:
- Determine your legal causes of action by completing a thorough accident investigation
- File claims and lawsuits as necessary to recover money for your damages
- Work with your physicians to determine whether you sustained a permanent impairment
- Document your damages to calculate the value of your injury claim
- Negotiate settlement agreements and handle all matters with opposing parties
- Argue the case in court if the other parties refuse to agree to a reasonable amount for your claim
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, we value our clients. Our legal team provides compassionate guidance and support while helping you navigate the claims process.
Contact our law office today to schedule your free case evaluation with one of our Chula Vista construction accident lawyers.
Common Types of Construction Accidents in Chula Vista
There are many ways that a construction worker could be injured on the worksite. Common construction site accidents include:
- Accidents related to construction defects
- Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents
- A scaffold accident and ladder accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Heavy machinery accidents
- Electrocution and electrical injuries
- Accidents involving defective products
- Fires and explosions
- Excavation or cave-in accidents
- Exposure to toxic chemicals and hazardous materials
Most construction accidents could be avoided by following safety protocols and being more attentive to the surroundings. The State of California and OSHA sets standards for safety procedures on construction sites. However, violations of safety measures often lead to accidents and injuries.
Construction Accidents Result in Catastrophic Injuries
The injuries caused by a construction accident could be life-threatening. A worker could sustain a permanent impairment or disability.
Common injuries sustained on construction sites include:
- Back injuries
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Severe burns and disfigurement
- Amputations and loss of limbs
The recovery period for a construction worker could be lengthy. They may require ongoing medical treatments and therapy. In addition, they may lose time from work, so they incur lost wages. Who pays for these costs?
Who is Liable for a Construction Accident?
It depends on the circumstances of the accident. Most on-the-job injuries are covered by workers’ compensation. The employee does not need to prove negligence and can receive benefits even if the employee contributed to the cause of the injury.
The employee generally cannot sue the employer when workers’ compensation covers the injury. However, there are exceptions.
An employee may have a claim against their employer if the employer intentionally disregarded safety measures knowing the employee could be injured. Other forms of gross negligence may place an employee in a dangerous situation without the employee’s knowledge and consent.
A worker could have a premises liability claim against the property owner if the property owner knew about a dangerous condition and failed to warn the employee or correct the condition. If a defective product injures a worker, the worker may even have a product liability claim against the manufacturer.
It is crucial that we complete a thorough investigation of the legal matter to identify all potential causes of action. Workers’ compensation benefits do not fully compensate an employee for all damages. However, a personal injury lawsuit could result in compensation for pain and suffering and other damages not covered by workers’ compensation.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Chula Vista Construction Accident Lawyers
You deserve to be compensated for the injuries and damages caused by a construction accident. Learn more about the claims process and how our law firm can help you during a free case evaluation. Call now to speak with a Chula Vista construction accident lawyer.
Our personal injury law firm in Chula Vista, CA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Car Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Construction Accident Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Product Liability Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Uber Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA