Were you injured in an Uber accident in Chula Vista, California? You may be able to seek compensation for your financial and intangible losses, such as pain and suffering. However, having an experienced attorney representing you is your best chance at getting the best possible outcome in your case.
The Chula Vista Uber accident lawyers at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help. Our legal team has over 43 years of combined experience in serving all types of accidents, such as car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, Chula Vista dog bites, construction accidents, Chula Vista product liability, and more. We’ve acquired millions of dollars on behalf of our clients since we opened our doors in 2010, and our case results speak for themselves.
Call us at (619) 722-3032 or contact our law office online today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Chula Vista personal injury lawyer. We’re available 24/7 to discuss creating an attorney-client relationship and your options for compensation.
Table of Contents
How Mission Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Uber Accident in Chula Vista, CA
Whether you were injured as an Uber passenger or an Uber vehicle crashed into your car, you may be suffering debilitating injuries. Who is responsible for paying your medical bills and other losses? Does Uber’s commercial insurance policy cover the accident?
We’ll help you determine the answers to these questions as we evaluate your case. Our attorneys have decades of experience handling personal injury cases, and we know how to build strong claims for compensation.
If you hire our Chula Vista personal injury attorneys for help with your Uber accident claim, we’ll:
- Investigate the Uber accident to determine who caused it and who is liable for your damages
- Determine your potential avenues for compensation and explain your legal options
- Value the full extent of your losses as we calculate what your claim is worth
- Handle all communications and negotiations on your behalf and ensure defendants don’t take advantage of you
- Litigate your car accident case in a San Diego County court if you’re not offered a fair settlement
Uber accident cases are often complex. You don’t have to handle yours alone. Contact Mission Personal Injury Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA to see how we can help.
How Common Are Uber Accidents in California?
It’s difficult to determine how common California Uber accidents are since they’re included with other motor vehicle accident collisions in the statistics.
Uber’s most recent 2019-2020 US safety report indicates that Uber’s motor vehicle fatality rate is about half of the nation’s average, with 101 fatalities caused by 91 fatal crashes reported.
However, the report only evaluates collisions that occurred when an Uber driver was using the app and doesn’t include statistics on accidents that caused injuries. Accordingly, the number of Uber collisions is much higher.
What Is My Chula Vista Uber Accident Case Worth?
All car accident cases are unique, with different drivers, injuries, and circumstances involved.
The value of your Chula Vista Uber accident case will depend on many factors, including:
- The severity of your accident injuries
- The medical bills and out-of-pocket costs you’ve incurred
- Your lost wages from missing work, and whether you can return to work in the same capacity
- The level of pain, suffering, mental anguish, and trauma you’ve endured
- Whether your quality of life is impaired
- Whether you share any fault for causing the Uber accident
- The insurance that applies to the accident
- Whether you have experienced scarring, disfigurement, or a permanent impairment
Our Chula Vista Uber accident attorneys are here to help you understand the damages you can recover. We’ll help you calculate the value of your case and fight for your right to recover them.
How Will Uber’s Insurance Impact My Accident Claim in Chula Vista?
The insurance that applies to your Uber accident will depend on the rideshare driver’s status when the collision happened, as explained below.
The Uber Driver Had the App On and Was Available for a Ride Request
If the Uber driver had the app on and was waiting for a ride request, the following insurance applies:
- $50,000 bodily injury liability per person
- $100,000 bodily injury liability per accident
- $25,000 property damage liability per accident
This policy only applies if the Uber driver’s insurance doesn’t cover the accident.
The Uber Driver Was Picking Up or Transporting a Rider
If the Uber driver was on the way to pick up a rider or was carrying a passenger at the time of the collision, the following insurance applies:
- $1,000,000 third-party liability
- Underinsured or uninsured bodily injury
Uber’s $1 million insurance policy applies from when the driver accepts a ride request to when they terminate the transaction in their app.
The Uber Driver Was Offline
The Uber driver’s personal auto insurance policy would apply if they were offline when the accident occurred. In other words, the collision is treated like any other car accident in California.
What Types of Damages Are Available To Uber Accident Victims in Chula Vista, California?
Uber accident victims in Chula Vista are entitled to seek economic damages for their financial losses and non-economic damages for their personal, hard-to-value losses.
Economic damages could include:
- Medical expenses for ER visits, hospital stays, and treatment
- Future medical costs for physical therapy, in-home nursing care, and rehabilitation
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Out-of-pocket expenses for travel, medications, and other reasonable costs
Non-economic damages could include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional trauma
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- Diminished quality of life
The court may also award punitive damages in rare circumstances. Our car accident lawyers in Chula Vista will explain which damages may apply in your case.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for an Uber Accident in California?
If you were injured in an Uber or Lyft accident in Chula Vista and shared blame, you can still recover compensation under California’s pure comparative negligence statute. However, your compensation will be reduced by your portion of the responsibility.
For example, the court assigns you 40% fault for the Uber accident. You can only take home 60% of your awarded settlement or verdict.
If an insurance company or defendant is pointing fingers at you, contact Mission Personal Injury Lawyers as soon as possible. We’ll help you fight against these tactics so that you recover the amount you deserve.
Our Attorneys Will Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Uber Accident Injuries
Car accidents can cause a variety of injuries to victims, including:
- Broken bones
- Facial injuries
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash
- Internal organ damage
- Brain injuries, such as concussions and skull fractures
- Nerve damage
- Chest injuries, such as seat belt injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Degloving injuries
- And more
We’ve helped victims who have sustained all types of injuries in avoidable accidents. Call today to learn more.
What Causes Most Uber Accidents in Chula Vista, CA?
Even though Uber has certain requirements for people to become drivers, these rideshare drivers don’t have to take safety courses or hold any special licenses.
Additionally, Uber drivers are often in a hurry to pick up as many passengers as possible and maximize their earnings. Unfortunately, that means they engage in risky driving behaviors that put others in danger.
Some common causes of Chula Vista Uber accidents include:
- Distracted driving, such as focusing on the Uber app or speaking to a passenger
- Stopping in unsafe locations to pick up or drop off riders
- Fatigued driving
- Aggressive or reckless driving, such as tailgating
- Illegal lane changes or turns
- Failing to look for pedestrians or yield the right of way
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Driving while intoxicated
Of course, it’s not always the Uber driver who is at fault for a collision. Other motorists, pedestrians, or bicyclists may contribute to or cause accidents by acting negligently, or defective vehicle parts may cause crashes.
How Long Do I Have To File a Lawsuit After an Uber Accident in California?
California’s statute of limitations typically gives car accident victims two years from the crash date to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you lost a loved one in an Uber accident, you have two years from their date of death to file a wrongful death claim.
Two years isn’t a lot of time when considering everything you must do to build a strong case. You need to reach maximum medical improvement and gather evidence proving your claim, which may include accident reports, eyewitness statements, expert witness testimony, medical records, and more.
If you miss the deadline for your case, you’ll lose the right to pursue compensation. We’ll negotiate on your behalf but ensure to keep an eye on the applicable statute of limitations in case we need to file a car accident lawsuit.
Contact Our Chula Vista Uber Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If you were injured in an Uber accident in Chula Vista, CA, you deserve exceptional legal representation to get the compensation you deserve. Mission Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you determine liability, gather evidence, negotiate, and fight for a fair settlement or verdict.
Contact our law firm for a free, no-obligation case evaluation to determine the best path forward in your Uber accident case.
Our personal injury law firm in Chula Vista, CA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Car Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Construction Accident Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Lyft Accident Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Premises Liability Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Product Liability Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Chula Vista, CA
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Chula Vista, CA