Are you struggling with the debilitating consequences of a catastrophic injury because you were recently involved in an accident in El Paso, Texas? Contact Mission Personal Injury Lawyers to get the legal help you need and deserve. You may be entitled to compensation, and our El Paso catastrophic injury lawyers are ready to help you fight to secure a substantial financial award.
Since 2010, Mission Personal Injury Lawyers has been a leading advocate for injury victims and devastated families in El Paso. Our personal injury attorneys in El Paso have gained national recognition for their hard work and client-centric approach to personal injury litigation. We’ve won tens of millions of dollars for our clients, who have been catastrophically injured by car accident injuries, truck accidents, motorcycle injury claims, El Paso slip and fall cases, construction accidents, El Paso pedestrian accident claims, or any other types of injury.
Benefit from a team with 43+ years of combined experience and the resources you’ll need to get the results you deserve. Call our El Paso, TX at (915) 591-1000, law office today to learn more. Your first case evaluation is free.
Table of Contents
How Mission Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Suffered a Catastrophic Injury in an El Paso, TX Accident
Everything changes when you suffer a catastrophic injury. You shouldn’t be left with the financial burdens of an injury that someone else caused. However, at-fault parties and insurance companies will work hard to sidestep liability and stand between you and the money you need.
This is why you should not hesitate to call our El Paso personal injury lawyers for help.
We understand how much is riding on your catastrophic injury case, and our team is ready to invest the time and resources that are required to achieve the best possible results.
You take this time to concentrate on your road to recovery while our law firm takes care of every aspect of your personal injury case.
- Help you obtain necessary medical treatment
- Investigate the accident that caused your catastrophic injury
- Bring in medical experts, therapists, and vocational rehabilitation specialists to provide insight into the more nuanced aspects of your trauma
- Gather evidence to establish the elements of your case and support your demand for compensation
- Defend against strategies designed to shift blame to you and, in turn, reduce your financial award
- Lead negotiations with the insurance company and other parties
- Prepare your case as if it’s going to trial just in case you’re not offered a fair settlement deal
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, we have a 99 percent track record of success. When we take a case, we expect to win. We’re so confident that we can help every client we represent that we don’t get paid unless we do. That’s right – you pay absolutely nothing unless we recover compensation for your catastrophic injury.
Call our law office in El Paso, TX, to learn more about our contingency fees and discover why we’re the catastrophic injury attorneys you’ll want fighting for you. Your first consultation is free.
What’s a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury is a term used to describe any type of physical trauma that fundamentally changes a victim’s life. When you suffer a catastrophic injury, the physical, emotional, and psychological consequences can touch every corner of your life and impose lasting changes.
Common consequences of catastrophic injuries include:
- Limited mobility
- Loss of mobility in certain body parts
- Cognitive impairment
- Internal organ damage
- Nerve damage and loss of sensation
- Hearing loss
- Vision loss
As a result of these consequences, catastrophically injured victims may experience physical disabilities, extreme emotional distress, financial distress, and difficulty finding or keeping employment.
Which Injuries Are Catastrophic?
Catastrophic injuries typically include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, particularly those resulting in paraplegia or tetraplegia
- Severe burns
- Broken bones and fractures
- Birth injuries
In truth, any injury – if severe enough – could be classified as catastrophic. The best thing you can do after an accident is to seek immediate medical care at the closest emergency room in El Paso. Prompt care will help to limit the extent of your injuries and limit potentially permanent complications.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries in El Paso
Catastrophic injuries are typically the result of unanticipated and/or violent events, such as:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Bus accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Accidents involving defective products
- Nursing home abuse
- Intentional acts of violence, including assault and sexual assault
Do not hesitate to call our compassionate personal injury attorneys for assistance if you’ve been in a severe accident in El Paso, Texas.
What’s My El Paso Catastrophic Injury Case Worth?
Cases involving catastrophic injuries tend to be worth more than cases involving more moderate trauma. Victims who suffer catastrophic injuries can experience financial losses totaling tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.
Of course, every situation is incredibly unique. A number of different factors will be relevant in calculating how much money you might be able to get when you file a catastrophic injury claim.
- What type of catastrophic injury did you suffer?
- Will you require assistance performing everyday tasks, such as eating or bathing?
- Will you need to modify your home or car to accommodate a disability?
- How will your earning capacity change?
- What job or career opportunities will you miss out on?
- How old are you?
- Did your catastrophic injury aggravate any pre-existing medical issues?
- Did your own negligence contribute to the accident responsible for your catastrophic injury?
Contact Mission Personal Injury Lawyers to speak with an experienced catastrophic injury attorney in El Paso about your case. We can listen to your story, review the specific details of your case, and provide a preliminary assessment of the potential value of your injury claim.
What Compensation Is Available to Catastrophically Injured Victims in El Paso?
The financial burdens of a catastrophic injury can be overwhelming. So can the emotional and psychological trauma of sustaining such a severe injury. Fortunately, you can seek compensation for both of these types of losses, which are known as economic damages and non-economic damages, respectively.
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll fight to get you compensation for your:
- Ongoing medical treatment
- Future medical expenses
- Nursing assistance
- Personal care assistance
- Prosthetic devices
- Medical devices and equipment
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
If you were injured due to another person’s intentional conduct or gross negligence, a jury in El Paso might decide that punitive damages should be awarded, too.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Getting Blamed for My Catastrophic Injury?
Potentially. Texas has adopted a modified comparative fault system, and there is a 51 percent bar. Basically, you are entitled to a percentage of your financial award if you share less than 51 percent of the blame for your injury. Damages are reduced in direct proportion to your negligence.
Once your contribution to the accident is greater than half, you lose the opportunity to recover compensation in a third-party claim.
You can bet that an insurance company or responsible party will work hard to shift the blame to you. The more fault you’re assigned, the less money they’ll have to pay in a claim or lawsuit. If they can shift enough blame to you, they can sidestep financial responsibility altogether.
Our El Paso catastrophic injury attorneys will work hard to protect you and your right to compensation. We’ll fight back against claims of shared responsibility and do everything in our power to limit how much liability you are assigned.
When Do I Have To File a Lawsuit By After an Accident in El Paso, Texas?
Under Texas state law, you will have until the second anniversary of the date you sustained your catastrophic injury to file a lawsuit.
If a family member dies after sustaining a catastrophic injury in an El Paso accident, you will have two years from the date of death to initiate a wrongful death claim.
There may be limited exceptions to this rule, particularly in cases involving catastrophically injured children.
However, once time runs out, you lose the opportunity to assert your rights. Don’t let the statute of limitations expire. Call Mission Personal Injury Lawyers for help immediately after you’ve sustained a catastrophic injury in El Paso.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With an Experienced El Paso Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
You should not have to deal with the consequences of a catastrophic injury on your own. Someone else caused you to get hurt, and now they should be forced to accept responsibility for the damage they’ve done.
Mission Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help. Our El Paso catastrophic injury lawyers have over 43 years of combined experience handling tough personal injury cases like yours. We’ve won tens of millions on behalf of our clients and are ready to fight to get you the financial victory you deserve.
We offer a free consultation, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to our law office in El Paso to get started today.
Our personal injury law firm in El Paso, TX also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in El Paso, TX
- Brain Injury Lawyer in El Paso, TX
- Car Accident Lawyers in El Paso, TX
- Commercial Vehicle Lawyers in El Paso, TX
- Construction Accident Attorneys in EL Paso, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in El Paso, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in El Paso, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in El Paso, TX
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in El Paso, TX
- Premises Liability Attorneys in El Paso, TX
- Product Liability Lawyer in El Paso, TX
- Sexual Assault Attorney in El Paso, TX
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in El Paso, TX
- Truck Accident Attorneys in El Paso, TX
- Uber Accident Attorneys in El Paso, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in El Paso, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorney in El Paso, TX