Buses are generally a safe form of public transportation. However, accidents happen due to negligence and other wrongdoing.
If you were injured in a bus accident in El Paso, TX, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses. However, receiving a fair settlement could require you to fight the bus company, its insurer, and other parties.
Our award-winning Texas personal injury lawyers at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers have more than 43 years of combined experience in personal injury law. Since 2010, our law firm has recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients.
Table of Contents
How Our Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Been Injured in a Bus Accident in El Paso, Texas
Bus accidents can cause debilitating injuries, significant financial losses, and overwhelming pain and suffering. If a negligent bus driver or another party caused your injuries, you can seek compensation for damages by filing a claim or lawsuit.
However, bus accident claims are complicated personal injury cases. They may involve numerous parties, including government entities. Therefore, you want to hire an El Paso personal injury law firm with the skills and resources to handle complex accident cases.
Our lawyers at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers are recognized nationally and locally for their legal experience and winning track record. Our legal team has a 99% success rate for winning cases. We’re highly rated with The National Trial Lawyers, Super Lawyers, Expertise.com, and U.S. News Best Lawyers.
When you hire our top-rated El Paso personal injury lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cause of the bus accident to determine fault and liability
- File claims and handle all communications and matters related to the claims
- Work with leading expert witnesses to gather additional evidence to prove your claim
- Document your damages to determine how much your bus accident claim is worth
- Negotiate fair settlements for your damages
- Take your case to court and aggressively fight to obtain a favorable outcome, if necessary
You do not have to fight the bus company and insurance provider alone. At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ll devote our considerable resources to pursuing your case. We level the playing field against insurers and bus companies to make the fight fair.
Additionally, we take cases on a contingency fee basis, so our attorneys’ fees are paid from the money we recover in your case. You do not pay anything upfront to hire our El Paso accident attorneys.
Call Mission Personal Injury Lawyers today to schedule a free case evaluation with an experienced bus accident lawyer in El Paso, Texas.
Common Causes of Bus Accidents in El Paso, TX
Bus accidents occur for many reasons. In some cases, road conditions and poor weather can contribute to the cause of a bus collision. In other situations, a defective bus part might cause a crash.
However, most bus accidents are caused by negligence – or carelessness and preventable errors by the bus driver or other parties.
Common examples of negligence that lead to bus accidents in El Paso include:
- Distracted driving
- Illegal turns and failing to yield the right of way
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Inexperienced bus drivers
- Tailgating and following too closely
- Fatigued and drowsy driving
- Impaired driving (i.e., drunk driving and drugged driving)
- Aggressive driving and road rage
- Failing to inspect and maintain the bus
Our El Paso personal injury attorneys will determine the cause of your bus accident to identify every potentially liable party.
Who Could Be Liable For a Bus Crash in El Paso?
One or more parties could be financially responsible for damages caused by a bus accident.
Potential parties who could be liable in a bus accident claim include:
- The bus driver
- The owner/operator of the bus
- Bus companies
- Government entities
- Repair and maintenance facilities
- Bus manufacturers
- Other motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team will carefully analyze each factor that contributed to the cause of the bus accident. We’ll identify the party or parties responsible for those factors and pursue claims against them.
El Paso Bus Accidents Can Cause Catastrophic Injuries
A bus is a larger vehicle used to transport passengers. The size and weight of a bus can contribute to the severity of accident injuries.
Our El Paso bus accident lawyers help victims who have sustained various types of injuries, including:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Soft tissue injuries and nerve damage
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Crushing injuries
- Loss of bodily functions
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
The medical bills and other expenses to treat bus accident injuries can be astronomical. We will fight for reimbursement of all medical costs and other financial losses. We’ll also fight to obtain compensation for your pain and suffering damages.
How Much Is My El Paso Bus Accident Case Worth?
The value of your El Paso bus accident claim depends on the circumstances and facts of your case.
Factors that could impact the amount you receive include:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- The type of medical treatment you received
- The duration of your recovery period
- How long you were out of work
- Whether you need in-home personal and/or nursing care
- Your ability to return to work
- Whether you sustained permanent impairments and disabilities
- The level of scarring and disfigurement sustained
- How the injuries impact your daily life
- The parties involved in the bus accident case
- The availability and limits of insurance coverage
- Whether you were partially at fault for the cause of the bus accident
Hiring an experienced bus accident attorney in El Paso can improve your chance of receiving a fair settlement. The insurance provider and bus company have teams of professionals protecting them from liability.
You need someone on your side with the skills, resources, and legal knowledge to level the playing field. Mission Personal Injury Lawyers can do that for you.
What Damages Can I Receive in a Bus Accident Case in El Paso, Texas?
Damages in a bus accident case include your monetary losses (economic damages) and the suffering and pain you experience due to the accident (non-economic damages).
Examples of damages in a bus accident case include:
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished quality of life
- Medical bills and expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Reduction in earning capacity
- Long-term personal/nursing care
- Rehabilitative therapies
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Impairments, scarring, disability, and disfigurement
Some cases may qualify for punitive damages. Juries award these damages to “punish” the at-fault party for gross negligence, malice, or fraud. Our El Paso bus accident attorneys will review your case to determine if it qualifies for punitive damages.
Can I Recover Damages if I’m Partially at Fault for Causing a Bus Accident in Texas?
Texas has a modified comparative fault law that bars an accident victim from recovering damages if their percentage of fault is greater than 50 percent. However, if their assigned fault is 50 percent or less, they can recover some damages. The amount the victim can recover is based on their level of fault.
For example, a jury awards you $500,000 for a bus accident case. However, the jurors say that you were 30% to blame for the cause of the bus accident. Under Texas law, you would be entitled to 70% of the award or $350,000.
Talking to the insurance company without an attorney can increase the chance that a statement you make is used against you. Let our legal team at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers handle the insurance company for you.
What Is the Deadline To File a Bus Accident Lawsuit in El Paso, Texas?
The Texas statute of limitations for most bus accident cases is two years from the date of the crash. If you do not file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations expires, you lose the right to pursue a court action for damages.
However, factors in your case and exceptions to the statute of limitations may extend or shorten the time to file a claim. It is crucial to speak with our El Paso bus accident attorneys as soon as possible after an accident. We can determine the statute of limitations for your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Experienced El Paso Bus Accident Lawyers
A bus accident can turn your life upside down. It can have long-term consequences that severely impact your ability to work and resume ordinary activities. Our experienced attorneys at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help.
Call us today to request a free case review with an experienced El Paso bus accident lawyer. Our team of compassionate legal professionals wants to help you receive the settlement you deserve in a bus accident claim.