Are you suffering from a traumatic brain injury after an accident in El Paso, Texas? If another party caused your head injury, you could be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, pain, and diminished quality of life.
The attorneys at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers can help you recover the full extent of your damages from the at-fault party. Our El Paso brain injury lawyers have over four decades of combined experience helping victims get back on their feet after devastating accidents, caused by car accidents, truck accidents, bicycle accidents, El Paso medical malpractice, El Paso wrongful death, or any other type of accident that have caused them harm.
We’re prepared to take on your legal fight while you focus on recovering from your brain injury. Contact our law offices in El Paso, TX today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer. We’re available 24/7 to take your call and listen to your story.
Table of Contents
How Can Mission Personal Injury Lawyers Help You With a Brain Injury Claim in El Paso, TX?
A brain injury can result in high medical costs and leave you unable to work. You may make a full recovery, but some head trauma can impact your life forever. If you’re facing future medical expenses and an uncertain professional future, you need an experienced El Paso personal injury lawyer in your corner advocating for you.
We have decades of experience helping accident victims, and we’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars on their behalf. We know how to fight insurance companies, and we’ll ensure that you receive an amount that fairly reflects your losses.
If you hire Mission Personal Injury Lawyers to represent you in your El Paso brain injury case, we’ll:
- Investigate your accident and how it caused your brain injury
- Speak with your healthcare providers to understand the extent of your brain damage and how it will affect your life
- Enlist the help of medical and financial experts to value your claim, including the future damages you may face
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other at-fault parties and handle all communications on your behalf
- Litigate your case before an El Paso County jury if necessary
Contact our law firm today to schedule a free case evaluation with a member of our compassionate legal team. We’ll provide honest legal advice and help you get the compensation you need to recover from your brain injury.
Overview of Brain Injuries
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) occurs when an external force damages the brain. An injury to the brain can range from a mild concussion to a severe diffuse axonal injury, which frequently causes comas.
TBIs can happen in a few different ways:
- Open brain injuries (penetrating injuries) occur when something penetrates the skull, such as a bullet if you’re shot.
- Closed brain injuries don’t involve any skull penetration but rather a rapid movement of your head, which causes your brain to bruise and tissue to tear. For example, car accidents commonly cause closed brain injuries due to how rapidly your head moves upon impact with another vehicle. You can also experience a closed brain injury from a blow to your head, such as if someone hits you.
Primary brain injuries occur at the time of the incident that caused them. Secondary brain injuries are indirectly caused by the incident and evolve over time, leading to more brain tissue deterioration.
What Types of Brain Injuries Can Occur in El Paso, Texas?
Many types of TBIs can occur, including:
- Skull fractures
- Cerebral edema
- Diffuse axonal injuries
- Coup-contrecoup injuries
- And more
Many of these brain injuries require a medical examination to diagnose. That may include neurological testing using the Glasgow Coma Scale and imaging tests, such as a CT scan or X-ray.
What Are the Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury?
Brain injuries can cause an array of symptoms, depending on their severity.
Some common symptoms of a TBI include:
- Amnesia and other issues with your memory
- Motor deficits, such as swallowing problems and poor balance
- Sensory defects, such as problems seeing or double vision
- Judgment and problem-solving issues
- Problems communicating or difficulty speaking and understanding speech
- Changes in sleeping patterns
- Personality changes, such as depression, loss of motivation, or irritability
You may also have problems with everyday tasks, such as eating, getting dressed, or bathing. These are just a few of the signs of a brain injury. It’s best to consult a physician after an accident so they can evaluate you for any underlying injuries or illnesses. Seeking prompt medical attention can also help you prove that your brain injury resulted from the accident.
How Common Are Brain Injuries?
In 2020, over 64,000 people died from traumatic brain injuries, and 2,774 of those were children under the age of 18.
Fatalities from brain injuries are highest in people over the age of 75. This age group accounts for over 30% of hospitalizations and 28% of deaths caused by TBIs. This is likely due to this group’s susceptibility to experiencing slip and fall accidents. Of all fall-related deaths, 60% involve people over 75.
What Causes Brain Injuries in Texas?
Any accident or incident can lead to a brain injury.
We’ve helped brain injury victims after all types of accidents, including those involving:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Electric scooter accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bus accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
- And more
The leading causes of brain injuries include falls, motor vehicle collisions, violence, sports-related injuries, and explosions. Mission Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help no matter how your TBI occurred. If you lost a loved one due to a TBI, our El Paso brain injury attorneys are also here to help with your wrongful death claim.
What is My El Paso Brain Injury Case Worth?
The value of your brain injury case depends on several factors, including the severity of your damage. For example, someone who suffered a mild concussion may receive less compensation than someone who suffered a severe hematoma.
However, all brain injury accident victims are different, and the following factors can also affect how much your claim is worth:
- How your injury impacts your ability to work and enjoy life
- The expenses you’ve incurred to deal with your TBI
- Whether you share any fault for the cause of your accident or injury
- Your age when you sustained your brain injury
- The strength of your brain injury claim
- The parties involved and whether insurance covers the accident
- The ongoing care you need for your brain injury, including medical treatment or rehabilitation
Our El Paso personal injury attorneys will evaluate your case and speak to your medical providers, experts, and loved ones to accurately value your damages.
What Compensation is Available to Brain Injury Accident Victims in El Paso, TX?
If someone in El Paso caused you to sustain a brain injury, you could be entitled to compensation to cover all your losses.
Your financial losses, or economic damages, may include:
- Medical expenses – including future treatment and therapy
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning potential
- Out-of-pocket costs
Your personal losses, or non-economic damages, may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional pain
- Loss of reputation
- Physical impairment
- Loss of companionship
- Diminished enjoyment of life
Punitive damages, or “exemplary damages,” may be available if the at-fault party caused your brain injury due to gross negligence, malice, or fraud. These damages are awarded to punish people for particularly bad behavior and are rare – but speak to an attorney to determine if they may apply in your brain injury case.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After Suffering a Brain Injury in Texas?
Brain injury accident victims in Texas don’t have much time to legally act. Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for most personal injury lawsuits. That means you have two years from the accident that caused your brain injury to file a lawsuit.
If you miss the deadline, you’ll forfeit your right to hold the responsible party liable for the losses you sustained due to your TBI. Contact us today to preserve your rights and discuss your case.
Contact Our El Paso Brain Injury Lawyers For a Free Consultation
If you’ve sustained a brain injury in El Paso, TX due to another party’s negligence, you deserve compensation for your losses. Contact Mission Personal Injury Lawyers today for help holding the responsible party liable.
Our El Paso brain injury lawyers have over four decades of combined experience helping accident victims – including those suffering from brain injuries – get justice.
Contact us today for a free consultation, and see how we can help you get back on your feet after your devastating TBI.
Our personal injury law firm in El Paso, TX also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in El Paso, TX
- Car Accident Lawyers in El Paso, TX
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyers in El Paso, TX
- Commercial Vehicle Lawyers in El Paso, TX
- Construction Accident Attorneys in EL Paso, TX
- Dog Bite Lawyers in El Paso, TX
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in El Paso, TX
- Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in El Paso, TX
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in El Paso, TX
- Premises Liability Attorneys in El Paso, TX
- Product Liability Lawyer in El Paso, TX
- Sexual Assault Attorney in El Paso, TX
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in El Paso, TX
- Truck Accident Attorneys in El Paso, TX
- Uber Accident Attorneys in El Paso, TX
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in El Paso, TX
- Wrongful Death Attorney in El Paso, TX