Have you been seriously injured in an accident in Escondido, CA? If your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence or wrongful actions, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. An Escondido personal injury lawyer can help you fight for money for your medical expenses, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and more.
Mission Personal Injury Lawyers has been serving Escondido, CA, and San Diego County for more than 25 years. Contact our law offices for a free consultation to discuss your case and how we can help you.
Table of Contents
How Mission Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After an Accident in Escondido, CA
After a serious accident, you may be left with life-changing injuries, financial uncertainty, and significant pain. The last thing you should be worried about is a complicated fight with an insurance company that tries to blame you for your injuries or minimize the losses you have suffered. The Escondido personal injury lawyers at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers are committed to fighting for you and your rights.
We have been named Best of the Bar by the San Diego Business Journal and have a 10.0 Superb AVVO rating. We’re proud of our 99% success rate and our recovery of tens of millions of dollars for our injured clients.
Mission Personal Injury Lawyers will help you fight for the full compensation you deserve.
Choose our firm to represent you in your Escondido, California injury case, and we will:
- Offer insightful legal advice and give the support you need
- Conduct an independent investigation into your accident to gather evidence
- Work with experts to provide expert testimony on the cause of your accident and the extent of your damages
- Negotiate on your behalf for a settlement that fully compensates you for the true value of your damages
- Present a persuasive case to a jury if the insurance company does not treat you fairly
Call the Super Lawyers at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation. We work on a contingency fee basis to give you the legal representation you deserve without the out-of-pocket costs.
Escondido Accident Statistics
Any type of accident or intentional wrongful action can result in a personal injury claim in California. However, most personal injury cases involve premises liability, traffic accidents, violent crime, and workplace accidents.
Car accidents are a leading cause of accidental death and serious injury. In 2016, there were 21,500 car crashes in San Diego County and Escondido alone. The California Highway Patrol reported 193,500 accidents that caused injury to over 277,000 people in the state in 2017.
There were 422 people in California killed in workplace accidents in 2018. Around 36% of fatal workplace accidents involved transportation, followed by violence and injuries (22%) and slips and falls (17%). There were 466,500 reported non-fatal injuries and illnesses on the job in California, most of which involved construction, manufacturing, transportation, and utilities.
In 2019, 50% of all deaths in San Diego County were accidental versus 33% natural. Of these, 88% involved traffic and train accidents, falls, or drugs and/or alcohol.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Escondido, CA
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent accident victims in all types of personal injury cases in Escondido, California.
Contact our law office for a free consultation for an injury case involving:
- Auto accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Truck accident
- Pedestrian accident
- Bicycle accident
- Boat accident
- Train accident
- Workplace accident
- Premises liability cases, such as a slip and fall accident or dog bite
- Product liability case involving defective medical devices or products
- Amusement park accident
- Assault or sexual abuse
- Wrongful death
If you have been injured in any type of accident that you believe was caused by someone else’s wrongdoing, we are here to help. Contact our law firm for a free case review with an experienced Escondido personal injury attorney ready to help you.
What Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
Unfortunately, there is no simple way to estimate the value of a personal injury case. Every claim is unique, and the value is highly dependent on your personal damages and other factors.
During a free consultation, Mission Personal Injury Lawyers will help you understand the potential value of your claim by evaluating the following:
- Did you contribute at all to your accident?
- What is the amount of insurance coverage available?
- How strong is your negligence case?
- Did the defendant engage in gross negligence or reckless disregard for human life?
- What type of injuries did you sustain? How severe were they?
- Were you left disfigured or permanently impaired or disabled?
- Will you require future medical care or have a reduced capacity to work?
- How have your injuries affected your life and health?
- What are your total economic losses like medical bills?
Contact our law office today to schedule a free consultation. We will help you discuss these factors and how they affect the value of your case.
What Damages Are Available After an Accident in Escondido, California?
When someone else is responsible for your accident or injuries, you have the right to seek damages. Damages are the economic and non-economic losses you suffered due to someone’s negligence.
In California, personal injury damages are called compensatory damages. These damages are designed to make you as whole as you were before your accident.
They are separated into two types of damages:
- Special damages cover your economic losses. This includes medical bills, lost wages, future lost earnings if impaired or disabled, future medical care you will need, and property damages.
- General damages cover your non-economic losses. This includes pain and suffering, disfigurement, mental anguish, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
There is generally no cap on the amount of compensatory damages you can recover. However, medical malpractice cases are an exception. In these cases, there is a cap of $250,000 for non-economic damages like pain and suffering.
Rare cases may trigger punitive damages. These damages cannot be arbitrary or “grossly excessive.” They are designed to punish a defendant for egregious behavior or gross negligence – rather than compensate your for your injuries.
What Happens if I’m Blamed for an Accident in California?
If you are blamed for your accident, California’s pure comparative negligence doctrine will come into play. Some states will bar you from recovering compensation if you contributed in any way to your accident and injuries. In California, you are entitled to recover damages even if you are up to 99% at fault for your accident. However, each party will be assigned a share of fault and a corresponding share of responsibility for the damages.
If you are found 20% at fault and suffered $50,000 in damages, your recovery will be reduced by 20% to $40,000. In other words, the court will reduce your damages award by your amount of fault.
Insurance companies often exploit this rule and try to shift blame to other parties or the victim. Every amount of fault they have assigned to you reduces the amount they need to pay. It’s crucial to protect yourself by seeking experienced legal counsel when you are being blamed for an accident.
What Is Negligence and How Does it Relate to My Personal Injury Case?
The majority of personal injury lawsuits deal with negligence. This means someone acted (or failed to act) in a way that was different than how a reasonable person would have behaved in the circumstances.
In a negligence-based case, you must prove the other party was negligent to recover damages.
This requires proving:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care. For instance, motorists owe others a duty to drive with caution and obey traffic laws. Medical providers owe patients a heightened duty of care.
- The defendant breached their duty of care. This may have been reckless driving, speeding, or failing to provide the standard of care.
- The breach of duty caused your accident or injuries.
- You suffered damages.
Not all personal injury cases involve negligence. For instance, product liability claims involving dangerous products may involve strict liability. Dog bites might implicate strict liability also.
The award-winning Escondido personal injury lawyers at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers will conduct a thorough investigation into your case. We will gather evidence and work with experts to build a strong negligence case against the at-fault parties.
Depending on the type and circumstances of your case, evidence that proves negligence may come in many forms. In a traffic accident, it may involve witness statements, photos of the scene and damage to vehicles, police reports, citations and arrests, and cell phone records. If your case involves premises liability, we may investigate the history of crime in the area, past incidents at the property, property inspection and maintenance logs, and video footage.
Many accident cases, particularly those involving catastrophic injuries or complex negligence issues, benefit from expert testimony. We may work with expert witnesses such as accident reconstruction experts, medical experts, maintenance specialists, first responders, rehabilitation specialists, and life care planners. These experts can testify not only about the cause of your accident and who was at fault but the damages you sustained.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in California?
The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in California is just two years. If your case is not filed before the deadline expires, you will be barred from filing a lawsuit to recover money from the at-fault party. This same time limit applies to wrongful death claims.
Note that some circumstances may shorten or lengthen the statute of limitations. For instance, if the victim was a minor, the statute of limitations can be extended until they are an adult. Claims against a city, county, or state government typically have a shorter statute of limitations.
Do not delay in pursuing your case. Delays can make it harder to investigate your case, document evidence, and prove negligence and the extent of your damages.
What Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Escondido, CA?
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, we believe money should never be a barrier to getting the legal representation you need. We work on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not have out-of-pocket costs for representation by an experienced Escondido personal injury attorney. You pay no attorney’s fees unless we are successful in recovering compensation in your case.
Contact our law office today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case and how we can help you.
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Escondido Personal Injury Lawyer
After a serious accident, you should not be forced to fight an uncaring and profit-driven insurance company for the compensation you need. Mission Personal Injury Lawyers is here to take over the fight for you and serve as your advocate.
Contact our law firm today for a free consultation with an Escondido personal injury lawyer. We will help you understand your legal options, what your case may be worth, and how we can help you.
Local Resources in Escondido
- Corrective Spinal Care of California – 330 W Felicita Ave Suite B-1, Escondido, CA 92025
- Escalante Chiropractic and Sports Therapy – 403 W 9th Ave, Escondido, CA 92025
- Walwick Chiropractic – 801 S Escondido Blvd, Escondido, CA 92025
- Heilman Chiropractic and Spinal Decompression – 661 E Pennsylvania Ave, Escondido, CA 92025
- David A Haffie, DO – 306 W El Norte Pkwy S, Escondido, CA 92026
- Thao Dinh, PA-C – 225 E 2nd Ave Suite 101, Escondido, CA 92025
- Dr. Bill H. Mc Carberg, MD – 732 N Broadway, Escondido, CA 92025
- Neighborhood Healthcare – 1001 E Grand Ave, Escondido, CA 92025
- Southern California Care Community – 1249 E Ohio Ave, Escondido, CA 92027
- California Health Clinic – 641 E Pennsylvania Ave, Escondido, CA 92025
- Centro Medico Escondido – 1121 E Washington Ave, Escondido, CA 92025
Auto Repair Shops
- Escondido Auto Repair – 750 N Escondido Blvd #E, Escondido, CA 92025
- Fast Service Center – 655 Metcalf St, Escondido, CA 92025
- 1 Stop Shop Auto Repair – 231 N Vinewood St, Escondido, CA 92029
- Brian’s Automotive And Diagnostics – 636 W 9th Ave, Escondido, CA 92025
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.