Unfortunately, there are thousands of motorcycle accidents each year in the State of California. Many of the motorcycle crashes that occur result in severe injuries for the riders.
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, our Escondido motorcycle accident attorneys represent motorcyclists injured in accidents. We stand with riders to protect their right to fair and just compensation for their injuries and damages. Our lawyers have over four decades of combined legal experience handling cases involving personal injuries.
Table of Contents
How Do Our Escondido Personal Injury Lawyers Help You with a Motorcycle Accident Case?
Insurance companies do not treat motorcyclists fairly. Instead, they often blame riders for causing accidents based on misconceptions and stereotypes. Our Escondido motorcycle accident lawyers do not tolerate these tactics.
We understand how insurance companies defend motorcycle accident claims. Our legal team knows how to battle the insurance company and win. In fact we have a 99% success rate for the cases we handle.
When you hire the awarding-winning lawyers of Mission Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your claim, we will:
- Gather evidence by completing an accident investigation
- Work with experts as necessary to investigate the cause of the motorcycle crash and document the extent of your injuries
- File insurance claims and handle all communications with the insurance company
- Work with you to calculate your damages to increase the value of your claim
- Negotiate a fair settlement agreement based on the value of your damages
- Prepare and file a lawsuit and take the matter to a jury trial if the insurance company refuses to pay a fair amount to settle your claim
Do you need a motorcycle accident lawyer in Escondido, California? Please reach out to our office online or by telephone to discuss your case with an experienced Escondido personal injury attorney. You do not pay anything for the initial consultation.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Escondido?
Most motorcycle crashes are caused by human error. Other drivers may have difficulty seeing a motorcycle because of its smaller size. However, that does not excuse a driver from negligent conduct.
Causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Following a motorcycle too closely
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Road rage
Road conditions can be a factor in some motorcycle accidents. Our legal team investigates the crash to identify each factor that contributed to the cause of your crash. Then, we use the evidence we gather to build a case against the other driver for fault.
Motorcycle Accidents Can Cause Catastrophic Injuries
Although riders wear motorcycle helmets and protective gear, they may sustain severe injuries in a motorcycle crash. A rider does not have the protection of a metal car frame, seat belts, and airbags to protect them from injuries in a collision.
Therefore, a motorcyclist may sustain multiple injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Road rash (lacerations and abrasions)
- Neck and back injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Damage to internal organs and internal bleeding
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of limbs and amputations
Immediate medical treatment is often required after a motorcycle accident. If you do not go directly to the hospital, you should see a doctor as soon as possible. The insurance company will use a delay in medical treatment to argue that the crash did not cause the injuries.
Recovering Compensation for Damages After a Motorcycle Crash
The damages you may receive depend on your injuries and financial losses. The value of your claim could also be reduced if you share some of the responsibility for the cause of the crash.
Generally, motorcycle accident claims include damages such as:
- Medical bills and expenses for medical care
- Pain and suffering, including emotional, physical, and mental suffering
- Loss of income and benefits, including reduced future earning capacity
- Reduced quality of life and loss of enjoyment of life
- Permanent disabilities, impairments, disfigurement
You have the burden of proving the other driver caused the collision, and the collision resulted in your injuries. It could be a long, challenging fight if the other driver denies fault. However, having an experienced team of legal professionals on your side can shift the balance in your favor.
How Long Do I Have to File a Motorcycle Accident Claim in California?
Generally, you have two years from the motorcycle accident date to file a lawsuit under California’s statute of limitations. However, there are exceptions, so don’t delay in contacting a lawyer to discuss your case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Escondido Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycle accidents in Escondido can have devastating consequences for riders and passengers. Our Escondido accident lawyers handle all types of motor vehicle accidents. We have the experience necessary to handle your case.
Call today for a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Escondido, CA.