Our trucking accident attorneys of Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, also understand how an accident can turn your world upside down. Our personal injury lawyers have over 43 years of experience assisting accident victims in recovering compensation for their injuries.
Our truck accident lawyers know how to win your case. We have a 99% record of success for the cases we handle, and we have recovered tens of millions of dollars for our clients in just over a decade.
Schedule your free consultation with an experienced injury lawyer by calling our law firm. We are here 24/7 to talk to you about your accident case.
Table of Contents
How Mission Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You After a Truck Accident
You may still be recovering from injuries caused by a truck accident. We do not want to add any more stress. Our legal team handles all aspects of your personal injury claim so that you can focus on healing.
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, we believe accident victims deserve maximum compensation for all damages. Our nationally recognized, award-winning accident attorneys have been fighting for top awards for our clients since founding our firm in 2010.
When you hire Mission Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your truck accident case, we will:
- Immediately take action to preserve critical evidence from the crash
- Conduct a thorough and comprehensive truck accident investigation
- Identify all parties responsible for the truck crash
- Consult and retain trucking industry experts, investigators, and accident reconstructionists to assist with the case, if necessary
- File a claim with the insurance company for each party and aggressively negotiate for the total value of your personal injury claim
Our personal injury attorneys are not intimidated by large insurance companies and a massive trucking company. We are ready to take up the fight to get you the money you deserve.
Call us today to schedule your free consultation with one of our tractor-trailer accident lawyers.
Why Do Victims of Truck Accidents Sustain Catastrophic Injuries?
The size and weight difference of the vehicles is a significant factor in truck crashes.
According to the NHTSA, more than 151,000 people were seriously injured in large truck accidents in the United States in 2018. Large truck crashes also caused 4,951 traffic deaths.
Over 70 percent of the people injured or killed in truck accidents are people in other vehicles. Whether you call them big rigs, tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, or large trucks, one fact remains the same – they are massive vehicles.
A commercial truck can weigh 80,000 pounds. A passenger vehicle weighs about 5,000. Smaller vehicles cannot withstand the force of a collision with a large truck. The passenger vehicle will always lose.
When a semi-truck hits a passenger vehicle, the vehicle may be crushed beneath the truck. It may be smashed between the truck and another object, or it may merely explode. The other vehicle occupants have almost no chance of walking away from the collision without catastrophic injuries.
Injuries and Damages Caused by Commercial Truck Crashes
The potential for traumatic injuries, wrongful death, and permanent disabilities is high in a truck accident.
Injuries caused by large truck crashes include:
- Brain and head injuries, including skull fractures, concussions, bleeding in the brain, swelling of the brain, and traumatic brain injury
- Back, neck, and spinal cord injuries, including complete and total paralysis and partial paralysis
- Loss of limbs, disfigurement, and amputations
- Severe burns and scarring
- Multiple fractures and broken bones
- Permanent damage to internal organs and loss of bodily functions
The pain and suffering caused by truck accident injuries can be overwhelming and debilitating also. For some victims, their pain and suffering lasts a lifetime because they sustain permanent injuries.
Damages can total millions of dollars in a truck accident case.
Victims may be entitled to:
- Past, current, and future compensation for medical bills, treatment, and expenses
- Past, current, and future loss of income and benefits
- Decreases in future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering damages, including mental trauma, physical discomfort, and emotional distress
- Disabilities, permanent impairments, and disfigurement
- Decreased quality of life and loss of enjoyment of life
- Cost of long-term personal care, including in-home care
Our legal team at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers works with you and your physicians to document the extent of your injuries and damages. We employ medical experts, economists, and financial experts to calculate the cost of financial losses. Our goal is to get you the maximum amount available for your truck accident claim.
Who is Responsible for Damages Caused by a Truck Crash?
Truck accidents are generally complicated. It can be challenging to sort out the details to identify the party responsible for causing the accident. In some cases, there could be more than one responsible party. Proving negligence requires a great deal of investigation and solid evidence.
Parties who could be liable for your damages after a truck crash include:
- Truck drivers
- Trucking company
- Owner of the tractor and trailer
- Repair shops and maintenance companies
- Parts and truck manufacturers
- Shippers and loaders
- Government entities
- Other motorists
Identifying each party that contributed to your truck accident increases the chances you’ll receive compensation for all damages. However, proving fault for a truck accident and recovering compensation for damages can be difficult.
Trucking companies and insurance providers fight accident claims. They want to avoid paying six- or seven-figure settlements and jury verdicts. These large corporations have almost endless resources to fight injury claims.
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, we even the playing field. We match these parties inch for inch to protect your right to fair and just compensation. We are ready to fight for you.
Contact Our Truck Accident Attorneys for More Information
Do not wait too long to call our office for your free consultation with a truck accident lawyer. Crucial evidence could disappear or be destroyed. Your time to file a lawsuit is also limited by the statute of limitations.
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, our legal team goes above and beyond to obtain justice for you. We have two law offices for your convenience – San Diego, CA, and El Paso, TX.