Were you recently hurt in an accident in Carlsbad, CA? You could be entitled to damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. An experienced Carlsbad personal injury lawyer at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C., can help you fight to maximize your compensation award.
We’ve been successfully helping accident victims recover fair compensation for over 25 years. Those years of experience matter and our hard work has paid off–we’ve already recovered millions for our satisfied clients in Carlsbad over the years.
If you were hurt, you only have a limited amount of time to act. Our lawyers are ready to help, so call our law offices today to schedule your free consultation.
How Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C. Can Help With Your Personal Injury Claim
An injury can impact you physically, emotionally, and financially. It can take time to recover from the damage. It can also cost a lot of money. You deserve time to focus on your recovery, rather than a drawn-out legal battle.
Fortunately, you don’t have to take on the stress of pursuing compensation from the insurance company alone. Our top-rated Carlsbad personal injury lawyers can help. At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C., our team has a 99% success rate. We’ve proven our worth to satisfied clients time and time again over the years.
Why should you hire our team?
When you trust us with your injury claim, you can count on a lawyer who will:
- Thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident
- Hire experts and specialists to fairly assess the value of your claim
- Fight back when others try to diminish the value of your claim by blaming you for the accident
- Take care of all communications with the insurance companies and defense lawyers
It can be tough to know what your injury case is worth. Our Carlsbad personal injury attorneys have more than 25 years of experience. With our experience and resources in your corner, you can greatly increase the chances of recovering the full compensation available.
Give us a call today to learn more about establishing an attorney-client relationship.
Carlsbad Personal Injury Statistics
Millions of Americans visit the emergency room each year after suffering an unintentional injury–and Carlsbad residents are no stranger to serious injury-producing accidents. In the San Diego area, 89 people lost their lives in car crashes in 2019. 49 of those fatal accidents involved pedestrians.
Somewhere between 24,000 and 35,000 elderly San Diego County residents are seriously hurt in fall accidents every year.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor data, 451 more people were killed on the job in California during 2019.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Carlsbad, CA
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C., we regularly help clients in Carlsbad who have been injured because of:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- Uber accidents
- Lyft accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Product liability
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
According to National Safety Council research, on average, it costs nearly $100,000 to treat injuries sustained in a serious car accident. Life-threatening injuries can cost even more. Regardless of how you were hurt, our personal injury attorneys in Carlsbad can help you recover those costs and more.
Ready to get started? Call to get the free legal advice you deserve today.
What is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
There’s no way to put a precise dollar value on an injury claim without knowing all the facts. You should be suspicious of any lawyer who tells you otherwise.
When putting a fair value on your claim, important issues to consider include:
- The overall severity of your injuries
- Will you suffer any permanent deficits?
- What types of medical care will you need going forward? How much will that care cost?
- Can you work while you recover? How much income have you lost?
- Will you be able to earn the same amount after you’ve recovered to the extent possible?
- What types of emotional trauma did the accident cause?
- Will you be able to participate in the same activities you enjoyed before the accident?
- Did your own acts contribute to the cause of your accident or make your injuries worse?
In general, the highest-dollar settlement awards tend to go to accident victims who suffer the most serious injuries, including brain injuries and permanent spinal cord damage.
Would you like to learn more about how Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C. can help you get the full compensation you deserve? Call our law offices today for a free case review.
What Types of Damages Are Available After an Accident in Carlsbad?
Compensatory damages are grouped into two primary categories under California personal injury laws: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are awarded to make accident victims financially “whole” again after an accident. Common types of economic damages include:
- Past and future expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning potential
- Medications and medical devices
- Property damage
Non-economic damages provide compensation for more subjective, non-monetary losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of companionship and society
- Anxiety and depression
In rare cases where the defendant acted with fraud or malice, punitive damages might even be available.
A serious injury can impact every part of your life. At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C., our attorneys will work hard to make sure you recover damages to cover the full range of your losses.
What Happens If I’m Blamed for an Accident in California?
Insurance companies often jump at the chance to blame the victim for getting hurt. The more fault assigned to you, the less the insurance company has to pay in the end.
Under California’s pure comparative negligence law, accident victims aren’t barred from recovering compensation if they’re blamed for the accident. In fact, accident victims in California can recover compensation even if they’re 99% responsible–as long as at least one other party was also responsible.
Here’s how it works. Assume you’re found to be 30% responsible for an accident. A third party was 70% responsible.
Technically, both parties are “at fault” and liability is apportioned as follows:
- The third party is responsible for paying 70% of your compensation award
- You can be held liable for paying 30% of the third party’s damages
It’s important to seek legal help if you’re being blamed for an accident. Dividing the blame can have a significant impact on your overall compensation award–and insurance companies love to use the shared fault rules to their advantage.
That’s why it’s critical to have an experienced attorney in your corner. At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C., we’ll fight to minimize your role in the accident and make sure you’re taking home all that you deserve.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit or Injury Claim After an Accident in California?
Most California accident victims only have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit or an action for wrongful death. The clock starts to run the moment the injury happens–usually on the date you’re injured or on the date of your loved one’s death.
The important takeaway is that you lose your right to compensation once the statute of limitations expires. Don’t lose your right to damages because of a timing issue. Call our law firm today to get the ball rolling.
What is Negligence and Why is it Important in May Personal Injury Case?
Negligence is the legal term for careless or reckless behavior. In other words, it’s the legal theory that can be used to hold someone responsible even if they didn’t necessarily intend to cause harm.
To recover compensation in most personal injury cases, the victim has to prove that a third party was negligent.
That means you’ll have to prove the following four things:
- Duty of care–the defendant owed you a legal duty to exercise reasonable caution
- Breach of duty–the defendant failed to exercise the amount of caution that a reasonable person would have under the circumstances
- Causation–the defendant’s acts or omissions directly caused your injury
- Damages–you suffered some type of harm because of the defendant’s acts or omissions
While other legal theories might come into play, negligence tends to be the most common in a personal injury case. That doesn’t mean it’s always easy to prove. It’s always important to have a skilled attorney in your corner to help you navigate the legal complexities of a negligence claim.
What Does it Cost to Hire a Lawyer in Carlsbad?
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C., we know that it can be tough to pay legal fees up-front if you’re recovering from an injury. Our attorneys have adopted a contingency fee model so you don’t have to pay anything right away. Instead, we recover attorneys’ fees if and when we win financial compensation in your case.
In other words, you only pay our attorneys’ fees if we win compensation for you.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Carlsbad Personal Injury Lawyer
Were you hurt in the Carlsbad area? Call Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C. to speak with an experienced Carlsbad personal injury lawyer today. We’ll review your case for free and discuss options for recovering the fair compensation you need and deserve.
Local Resources in Carlsbad
- Carlsbad Chiropractic and Integrative Wellness-2745 Jefferson St suite a, Carlsbad, CA 92008
- Gohl Clinic Of Chiropractic-2562 State St Ste. B, Carlsbad, CA 92008
- Elevation Family Chiropractic-1207 Carlsbad Village Dr Suite U, Carlsbad, CA 92008
- Foundation Chiropractic-785 Grand Ave #100, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Mahyar Ajir, DO Family Practice-2801 Jefferson St, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Wilson Liu, MD-2910 Jefferson St Suite 100, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Dr. Ronald Nino Perez-1207 Carlsbad Village Dr Suite A, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Gary Korff, MD-2562 State St Ufffdste D, Carlsbad, CA 92008
- Greenleaf Care-3039 Jefferson St UNIT F, Carlsbad, CA 92008
- MedCare Specialty Clinics-1281 Carlsbad Village Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008
- Las Villas De Carlsbad Health Center-1094 Laguna Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008
- Viva Medical Wellness Inc-560 Carlsbad Village Dr, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Auto Repair Shop
- Carlsbad Auto Service, Inc-3181 Tyler St, Carlsbad, CA 92008
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.