SAN DIEGO FIRE DAMAGE ATTORNEY
Regardless of whether you rent or own your home in San Diego, sustaining fire damage to your property can be a devastating experience. From the loss of irreplaceable personal belongings, mementos, and keepsakes, to structural damage caused to your home, damage to your property can be emotionally and financially exhausting. Worse, the process of trying to recover your losses following a fire in San Diego, can prove to cause additional stress and frustration.
Unfortunately, fire damage to property in San Diego is more common that you might think. In fact, according to the San Diego Fire Department, in Fiscal Year 2016, the SDFD responded to more than 5,550 fire emergency calls.
In addition, San Diego is known for devastating wildfires. In fact, 2 of the 10 most destructive fires in California history- based on the number of structures damaged-occurred in San Diego County.
- In 2003, the Cedar Fire in San Diego damaged a whopping 2,820 structures.
- In 2007 the Witch Fire in San Diego damaged 1,650 structures.
More recent wildfires in San Diego County which caused significant damage and loss include:
- In 2016, the Border Fire destroyed 18 structures.
- In 2014 the Cocos, Poinsettia, Bernardo Fires destroyed 65 structures.
Whether your property damage in San Diego was caused by wildfires or as the result of a residential structure fire, at Mission Legal Center in Mission Valley, our fire damage attorneys are here to help you through this terrible time. Mission Legal Center’s award winning and top-rated San Diego fire damage property attorneys can be reached at 619-777-5555.
RECOVERING FROM FIRE DAMAGE IN SAN DIEGO
After you’ve suffered losses from a fire in Mission Valley or throughout San Diego, you’ll likely turn to your homeowners’ insurance or renters’ insurance to recover your financial losses. In addition to structural damage, you may be expecting your homeowners’ insurance policy to help with damage from not only the fire, but from heat, from smoke, and from water damage. However, all too often, insurance policies fail to cover the true amount of your losses.
Typical insurance policies will break down fire damage claims in San Diego into three separate parts, which are: Structure, Contents, and Displacement. But, in effort to minimize their financial responsibility to you, the insurance company will hire their own “experts” to provide a valuation of your damage, arriving at a sum that is often far less than you are entitled to receive.
Knowing that victims of fires in San Diego are often desperate, and inexperienced in filing a claim for losses, many insurance companies will try to lowball your claim. However, by law, insurance companies have a duty to act in “good faith.” If they fail to act in good faith by refusing to provide you with a fair settlement, you have the right to challenge that, through a bad faith claim.
At Mission Legal Center, we fight insurance companies every day, and we know how to fight to ensure that you receive the full compensation that you deserve for your losses. If your claim is being undervalued, or your insurance company is being unreasonable, we encourage you to seek counsel from a top-reviewed San Diego fire damage attorney.
HOW WE CAN HELP IF YOU’VE SUFFERED FROM A FIRE IN SAN DIEGO
Our fire damage attorneys will walk you through the process of filing a claim, and ensure that you are fully compensated for your losses. In addition to advocating on your behalf, and challenging your insurance company, we are here to help ensure that:
- The fire, water, heat, smoke, or structural damage is properly assessed, and the cost for repairs/replacement is accurate.
- The disposal of damaged or destroyed items, or construction materials is properly managed, and the cost is absorbed by your insurance company.
- You receive compensation for emergency items (ex: advances, etc.).
- You are compensated for relocation, while your home is being repaired.
- Any emergency tarping or boarding of your home to minimize vandalism, or further damage is covered by your insurance policy.
- An accurate accounting of your losses of personal property is determined through sorting, inventorying lost items.
- All cleaning or storing costs of any items that may be salvageable after a fire in San Diego are included in your claim.
- Any testing for toxic substances or residue is included in your fire damage claim.
THE NEXT STEP
If you have suffered losses from a residential fire, or from a wildfire, contact the top-rated fire damage attorneys in San Diego at Mission Legal Center. We are the top-reviewed Personal Injury Law Firm on Yelp! and Google, we maintain a Perfect 10 out of 10 Rating on AVVO and have received the San Diego Super Lawyers Award and San Diego Business Journal Best of the Bar 2017 for the successful handling of our client’s legal cases.
As a family owned and operated San Diego Personal Injury and Accident Law Firm, Mission Legal Center is conveniently located in Mission Valley – San Diego, California. We are also proud to have offices in Chula Vista and in Carlsbad in North County.
Call for a free consultation and case specific guidance: 619-777-5555. You may also email us at email@example.com or follow us on Facebook.