SAN DIEGO BOATING OR WATERCRAFT ACCIDENT INJURY DEATH ATTORNEY
Expert Boating Claims Lawyers – Mission Legal Center
With its proximity to the Pacific Ocean, San Diego is a popular destination for boating and water recreation. Unfortunately, this means that injuries and deaths related to boating and watercraft accidents are not uncommon. Thousands of boating injuries occur nationwide each year, and wrongful death instances related to watercraft accidents happen all too often.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries because of another’s wrongdoing or negligence in a boating or watercraft accident, it’s time to retain a top rated San Diego boating accident attorney like Mission Legal Center Personal Injury. who can represent your interests in court.
Call us for a free consultation and case-specific guidance today at 619-777-5555
- In 2014, the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) reported 4,064 recreational boating accidents; as a result of those accidents, there were 2,678 injuries, 610 of them fatal.
- In 2014, there was approximately $39 million in property damage as a result of boating accidents.
- Operator errors account for 70% of boating accidents.
- A boat operator with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) over .10 is 10 times more likely to be fatally injured in a boat accident than a person with a zero BAC.
- Drink for drink, a boat operator is more likely to become impaired more quickly than a vehicle operator.
Common Causes of Boating Accidents and Injuries in San Diego
According to the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), the following were the primary causes of boating accidents and casualties in 2014:
- Operation of Vessel
- 2,289 accidents
- 1,758 injuries
- 267 deaths
- Including: alcohol and drug use, excessive speed, improper lookout, operator inattentiveness and inexperience, inadequate onboard navigation lights and restricted vision
- Loading of Passengers or Gear
- 158 accidents
- 75 injuries
- 63 deaths
- Including: improper anchoring and loading, overloading and people on gunwale, bow or transom
- Failure of Boat or Boat Equipment
- 383 accidents
- 107 injuries
- 27 deaths
- Including: equipment, hull and machinery failure
- 572 accidents
- 338 deaths
- 112 injuries
- Including: congested waters, dam/lock, force of wave/lock, hazardous waters, weather and missing/inadequate navigation aid
- 662 accidents
- 400 injuries
- 141 deaths
- Including: carbon monoxide exposure, ignition of fuel or vapor and sudden medical condition
The Next Step
If you suffered serious injury as a result of a boating or watercraft accident, contact Mission Legal Center. We are San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys with a proven record of success in helping those who suffer from a serious injury, to receive the necessary medical attention, care and treatment you need, in addition to compensation for future care you may require. Call for a free consultation and case-specific guidance: 619-777-5555. You may also contact us or follow us on Facebook.
As a family owned and operated San Diego Personal Injury and Accident Law Firm, Mission Legal Center is conveniently located in Mission Valley – San Diego, California.
A: Yes. Penalties for BUI are very serious and can include: large fines, revocation of boat operator privileges and jail time.
A: Adult boaters are not required to wear a life jacket while on the water. However, every boat is required to carry one size-appropriate, easily accessible life jacket for each passenger.
A: All boaters should always have prepared float plans.
If you experience an injury as a result of a boating or watercraft accident, contact Mission Legal Center. We are San Diego, California based Personal Injury and Boating Accident Attorneys. Call for a free consultation and case specific guidance: 619-777-5555. You may also contact us