SAN DIEGO AMUSEMENT PARK ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
Call Mission Legal Center Now! 619-777-5555
San Diego has countless recreational opportunities for residents and tourists alike. Among them, LegoLand, SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo, and many more offer ample opportunity for fun. However, accidents and injuries do occur in San Diego amusement parks, oftentimes because of the park or one of its employee’s wrongdoing or negligence.
If you’ve suffered an injury at a San Diego amusement park, you may have a right to compensation to account for your injury, its associated costs, and any related damages you’ve incurred.
Contact top reviewed San Diego personal injury attorney Mission Legal Center today by calling for a free consultation and case-specific guidance today at 619-777-5555
- Southern California is the most visited tourist destination in the United States
- 7,000 people were treated for injuries sustained at amusement and theme parks, out of more than 250 million visitors each year, according to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Luckily, less than 4,000 persons sustained injury resulted in fatality since 1980
- Statistics show that most injuries are sustained at traveling or itinerant carnivals and fairs
Most Likely Cause of Amusement Park Accidents in Southern California
Amusement and theme park operators can be found negligent when they fail to follow the established “standard of care” for guests. Below is a partial list of instances where theme park proprietors may be found liable for your injury. However, because each case is different, so it is highly advisable that you contact a San Diego Amusement Park Accident Attorney to discuss your case and protect your rights, if you have sustained an injury at an amusement or theme park. Amusement Park Injuries sustained in Southern California are often the result of park employees or ride operator mistakes or negligence such as:
- Inattentive or distracted employees (texting, using social media, smart phones, tables while working)
- Insufficient training
- Operators who do not follow documented ride operations procedures and protocols
- Employees who operate attractions or rides while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure of ride operators to recognize symptoms of patron injury at the conclusion of the ride or attraction
- Failure of operators and amusement park employees to observe aged amusement park rides’ mechanisms requiring repair
- Failure of ride operators, supervisors, or repair personnel to perform scheduled maintenance
Not all injuries sustained while attending an amusement or theme park in San Diego County are the fault of the amusement or theme park’s proprietor, therefore they are not always liable for an injury sustained by a visitor. Only injuries sustained resulting from negligence of amusement park employees, supervisors, managers, and executives generally place the park at fault. When you discuss your case with an experienced San Diego Personal Injury Attorney, they will be able to provide you with additional details that are specific to your case.
If You Are Injured at an Amusement Park in San Diego County
Seek medical treatment immediately, and contact a reputable and established San Diego Personal Injury law firm to discuss the intricacies of your injury and claim. Speaking to a plaintiff’s injury attorney who has experience in representing victims of amusement park accidents, places you in the best possible position to learn about your rights, get answers to your questions, and secure an advocate working on your behalf. To ensure that you have the best chance of proving that you sustained an injury at an amusement park in San Diego County as the result of negligence, or safety violations committed by the park and its employees, follow this recommended plan of action to preserve evidence:
- Immediately after you’ve been injured on a ride, request the presence of law enforcement, and request attention of paramedics at the scene
- Maintain photographic and/or video evidence of your injuries, and the accident scene
- Before discussing your injuries with park personnel or their representatives, contact an experienced San Diego Personal
- Injury attorney for a consultation.
- Gather information about the amusement park employees, their managers, and the amusement park insurance provider.
- Note the names, dates, and time of the occurrence. Also note the insurance carrier, policy number, and agent contact.
- Before signing a release of liability related to your injury, have the document reviewed by a reputable and established San
- Diego Personal Injury attorney. They will insure that your interests are protected.
- Once you have retained your San Diego Amusement Park Accident and Injury Attorney, refrain from discussing the facts of your case with insurance adjusters, attorneys and other representatives.
The Next Step
If you suffered an injury from an amusement park accident, contact Mission Legal Center. We are San Diego personal injury, product liability, premises liability, and wrongful death attorneys with experience in helping those who suffer from a serious injury, to receive the necessary medical attention, care and treatment necessary, in addition to compensation for future care you may require. Call for a free consultation and case specific guidance: 619-777-5555. You may also contact us or follow us on Facebook.
As a family owned and operated San Diego Personal Injury and Accident Law Firm, Mission Legal Center is conveniently located in Mission Valley – San Diego, California.
A: Amusement Park Injuries sustained in Southern California are often the result of park employees or ride operator mistakes or negligence. This may include inattention on behalf of park employees or ride operators, insufficient training of ride operators, failure of park employees and ride operators to follow rules, procedures and regulations, failure to maintain rides properly through scheduled maintenance and more.
A: Because each case is different, it is highly advisable that you contact a San Diego Amusement Park Accident Attorney to discuss your case and protect your rights. If you are able to photograph or video the accident at the park prior to receiving medical treatment, this evidence is likely to work in your favor. Try to collect names and contact information for anyone who witnessed the accident as well. And do not sign any releases of liability provided by the amusement park to you before consulting an attorney and seeking the medical treatment you need. For more information about injuries sustained at amusement parks in Southern California, click here.
If you have any questions about filing a claim regarding an injury suffered at a San Diego County amusement park, contact a San Diego personal injury attorney today. Missional Legal Center is a plaintiff’s only law firm, fighting for the rights of injured victims, and their families, to ensure that justice is served when the negligence of another has caused a serious or catastrophic injury, or has resulted in death. Call for a free consultation and case specific guidance: 619-777-5555. You may also contact us.