Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Riding a bicycle is great exercise. It is also a way to save money on fuel costs and spend time with family and friends. However, a negligent driver can take these things away from you in a split second.
The bicycle accident attorneys of Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C. understand that a bike accident can devastate your life. The Injuries and damages from a bicycle crash can be overwhelming. Our legal team is here to help.
Our personal injury lawyers have over 43 years of experience handling car accidents and other personal injury cases. Our law firm has recovered tens of millions of dollars since we founded the law firm in 2010. Our 99% success rate for the cases we handle is a testament to our diligence, commitment, and experience.
At Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C., our accident lawyers genuinely care about what happened to you, and we want to help you make it right. Please reach out to our office to schedule a free consultation with an experienced bicycle accident attorney.
How Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C. Can Help You After a Bicycle Accident
Traffic and bicycle laws can be important factors in bicycle accident cases. You need an attorney who understands these laws and how to fight back against insurance company allegations that you were to blame for the accident.
Our legal team is prepared and ready to fight against insurance providers who use the legal system to withhold compensation from accident victims unjustly.
When you hire our law firm to handle your case, you can expect us to:
- Aggressively pursue all parties who might be liable for your injuries and damages
- Perform thorough and comprehensive accident investigations
- Work with you and your physicians to document the extent of your injuries
- Help you locate medical experts for additional treatment, when necessary
- Document your damages and calculate the maximum value for your accident claim
- Fight to get you the best settlement possible given the facts of your case
- Keep you updated about the progress of your case and check in with you to ensure you are healing and doing well after the accident
Our bicycle accident lawyers at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C. want to help you achieve a positive outcome in your case. Contact our law office to schedule your free case review with a personal injury attorney. You are under no obligation to hire our law firm after your meeting.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents?
The NHTSA reports that 857 cyclists died in 2018 in bicycle accidents. That total was slightly higher than the 2017 total (806). In addition to bicycle fatalities, between 47,000 and 64,000 cyclists were injured each year between 2016 to 2018.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, the number of bicycle injuries may be much higher. The CDC states that there were roughly 467,000 bicycle-related injuries during 2015.
The CDC also states that bicycle trips account for only one percent of all trips. Yet, bicyclists have a much higher risk of crash-related deaths and injuries compared to the occupants of motor vehicles. One reason could be the lack of protection during a collision with a motor vehicle.
What Types of Injuries Do Bicyclists Sustain When Hit by a Motor Vehicle?
An accident involving a motor vehicle and a bicycle will usually turn out worse for the bicyclist. When the accident occurs, the rider does not have any protection from the force of the impact. Even when a cyclist is wearing a bicycle helmet and other protective gear, the force of the collision can cause severe bodily injuries.
Common bicycle injuries include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Neck and shoulder injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Amputations and paralysis
- Wrongful death
The injuries sustained by a cyclist could result in life-threatening conditions and permanent impairments. Holding the motorist responsible for the motor vehicle accident is the best way to get compensation for damages.
Who is Liable for a Bicyclist’s Injuries After an Accident?
In many cases, a motorist is responsible for causing a bicycle accident. When that is the case, the driver can be held financially liable for the bicyclist’s injuries and damages.
Common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- A driver running a stop sign and striking a bicycle
- Motorists using cell phones while driving to talk, text, and receive/send messages
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Following a bicyclist too closely
- Improper passing
- Drunk, drowsy, and distracted driving
- Failing to obey traffic laws
Our legal team has extensive experience with negligence claims. We will not stop until we have pursued every legal avenue to hold the driver accountable for his or her conduct and actions.
What Damages Can I Receive for a Bicycle Accident?
The types of damages you might recover in a bicycle accident case depend on the facts of your case.
However, most bicycle accident victims recover compensation for damages such as:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Medical bills and expenses
- Mental trauma and emotional distress
- Loss of salary, wages, benefits, and other forms of income
- Decreases in the amount you can earn in the future
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
- Psychological injuries
- Loss of enjoyment of life
We will work with you to document each of the above damages to maximize the value of your claim.
Contact Our Bicycle Accident Attorneys for More Information
Mission Personal Injury Lawyers, P.C. has law firms conveniently located in El Paso, TX, and San Diego, CA. We are available to take your call 24/7/365.
Please contact our law firm to discuss your case. We want to help you pursue a legal claim to hold the driver who caused your accident liable for negligence and wrongdoing.