Driving while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs is against the law in El Paso, Texas. Even so, individuals get behind the wheel while impaired. In 2021, drunk drivers caused over 25,000 DUI crashes, resulting in 1,077 deaths and thousands of injuries.
The El Paso DUI accident lawyers of Mission Personal Injury Lawyers work tirelessly to protect the rights of accident victims. Since 2010, we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients and have a 99% success rate for personal injury cases we handle. Our lawyers have over 43 years of combined legal experience handling injury claims.
If a drunk driver injured you or a family member, we want to help. Contact our law office to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced El Paso DUI accident attorneys. Call us at (915) 591-1000.
How Our El Paso Car Accident Lawyers Help You After a DUI Accident
DUI accidents cause horrific injuries and wrongful deaths for innocent victims. No one should have to pay for the damages caused by a drunk driver. Our legal team at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers works diligently to hold impaired drivers responsible for the damages they cause.
When you hire our award-winning El Paso car accident attorneys, you can expect us to:
- Conduct a thorough investigation into how your car accident happened
- Gather evidence proving the drunk driver caused the car crash
- Work with you and your physicians to document the severity of your injuries
- Verify insurance coverage and file claims with insurance companies
- Hire expert witnesses, accident reconstructionists, and medical specialists to help strengthen your case, as necessary
- Document your damages and calculate how much your claim is worth
- Demand compensation in full for all damages
- File a lawsuit and take your case to court if the other parties refuse to negotiate a fair settlement agreement
Call our law firm for a free case evaluation from an experienced DUI accident lawyer in El Paso, TX. Your time to file a DUI accident claim is limited by the Texas statute of limitations.
Common Injuries Caused by Drunk Drivers in El Paso
Victims of drunk driving accidents often sustain traumatic and life-threatening injuries. Common injuries caused by DUI crashes include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Injuries to internal organs
- Neck injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Broken bones and fractures
- Crushing injuries
- Chest injuries
Many victims require months to recover from DUI accident injuries. Sometimes, the victim sustains permanent disabilities and impairments because of a drunk driving accident. If so, the victim might be entitled to actual damages and future damages.
What Damages Can I Receive for an El Paso DUI Accident Case?
When you file a claim for a drunk driving accident, you can demand compensation for your economic damages and financial losses. You can also demand compensation for non-economic damages. Examples of damages in a DUI case include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Scarring, disfigurement, and impairments
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life
- Decrease in future earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
The amount you receive for an accident claim could be reduced by allegations of failure to mitigate damages and contributory fault. Texas contributory fault laws state that compensation for damages can be reduced or even eliminated entirely by the victim’s percentage of fault for causing their injuries. Additionally, your compensation can be reduced if you fail to take reasonable steps to prevent damages from unnecessarily increasing.
Proving Fault for a DUI Accident Case in Texas
Even though the driver was drunk, you have the burden of proving the driver caused the car crash to receive compensation for your damages. Evidence that could be used to prove causation and fault for a drunk driving accident claim includes:
- Statements made by the driver at the accident scene
- Police and accident reports
- Videos of the collision
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Statements by eyewitnesses
- Physical evidence from the vehicles and crash site
- Cell phone records
Being intoxicated does not equal fault. However, your attorney could use the evidence that the driver was drunk to help prove a negligence per se case. Our El Paso DUI accident lawyers understand how to prove your case so that you can recover the money you deserve for your injuries and damages.
Contact Our El Paso DUI Accident Lawyers for a Free Consultation
A drunk driving accident can cause devastating injuries to victims. Our El Paso car accident lawyers at Mission Personal Injury Lawyers are here to help. Call us today to request a free consultation with one of our experienced El Paso DUI accident attorneys.